The Krytan Ambassador
From Guild Wars Wiki
|The Krytan Ambassador|
|Given by|| Captain Osric |
in Old Ascalon
|Preceded by||Ascalon Academy|
|Followed by||The King's Message|
- Return to Ascalon City and speak to Warmaster Tydus.
- 500 Experience
Once you get this quest from Captain Osric travel across the bridge where you will find a gate guard. He is standing outside the entrance to Ascalon city, go inside and talk to Warmaster Tydus for your reward.
- Captain Osric
- "Welcome back, <Character name>! It looks like the patrol went well. You're still in one piece at any rate... Listen, Prince Rurik sent me to ask you a favor.
- You've been in the field, so you probably haven't heard about this, but an ambassador's arrived from our old enemy Kryta. They can help us fight the Charr, but the king won't even talk to him. The prince hasn't been able to make any headway with his father, but he knows the King trusts Tydus, and Tydus trusts you. Would you perhaps talk to Warmaster Tydus about this matter? He's in his usual place in Ascalon City."
- Accept: "Of course. I'll talk to Tydus."
- Decline: "I've no interest in politics."
- Ask: "I understand why the king bears a grudge against Kryta. He believes we might have been able to stop the Searing if we'd not spent so many years defending ourselves from Krytan guilds, but by all accounts, times have changed in Kryta. We should at least hear what the ambassador has to say. Please, next time you're in Ascalon City, talk to Warmaster Tydus about this. He trusts you. If you can convince him, he may be able to persuade the king to listen to reason."
- Warmaster Tydus
- "Don't talk to me about that Krytan ambassador! I've been getting an earful from both sides. Do you know why King Adelbern trusts me, <Character name>? Because I know where my loyalties lie. King and country, Balthazar preserve them both! Perhaps joining the Prince's Vanguard has confused you, but Rurik is not the ruler of the kingdom. Now listen to me. The king's already given this matter much consideration, and the likes of you and I best abide by his wisdom."
- This quest is immediately available after you complete the mission Ascalon Academy. If you do not grab this quest before you or a party member enter the city, then you do not get another chance to get the quest.