Ice Cliff Chasms
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Ice Cliff Chasms|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Eye of the North (outpost)
The ice column statue.
- Boreal Station (southeast)
- Eye of the North (center)
- Norrhart Domains (north)
- Battledepths (center of west side)
- Resurrection shrines with bounties
- Ketilbiorn → Norn Hunting Party
- north-west corner by portal to Norrhart Domains
- Maddi Ingvendottir → Norn Hunting Party
- north-east corner of area
- Nidbjorg → Norn Hunting Party
- east side, due north of Boreal Station
- Ogg the Gruff → Norn Hunting Party
- center, on east side of Eye of the North outpost
- Ornoloff → Norn Hunting Party
- east side approx 3/4 of the way up
- Ragnvald → Norn Hunting Party
- west side by exit to Battledepths
- Skjaldulf Lightfingers → Norn Hunting Party
- at the third Resurrection Shrine out of Boreal Station
- Tjorvi Throstson → Norn Hunting Party
- outside Boreal Station
- Automatically accepted upon entering the area (displayed in the Quest Log as Gwen)
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- 20 Vanguard Pet Master (pet tamer)
- 20 Lieutenant Thackeray (after The Missing Vanguard or Snowball Dominance, but before completing Thackeray's scavenger hunt)
- 5 Jingle Bear (after Snowball Dominance)
- 5 Mountain Eagle
- 5 Polar Bear
- 5 White Jingle Moa (after Snowball Dominance)
- 20 (26) Stonewolf
- 22 (26) Ice Imp
- 20 (26) Mandragor Scavenger
- 20 (26) Ulcerous Mandragor
- 20 (26) Dreamroot Mandragor
- 20 (26) Mystic Mandragor
- 20 (30) Snow Wurm
- For the dialogue by Gwen, see Gwen's garden.
- For the dialogue related to the War in Kryta, see War in Kryta dialogues.
- The ice column statue can be seen in the northeast of the zone.
- Gwen's garden lies behind the Eye of the North.
- The area outside Boreal Station is a popular place for chest runs or to farm experience (for pets, heroes, your character, or the Survivor title).
- The portals to the Battledepths and Norrhart Domains are closed until your character uses the Scrying Pool in the Hall of Monuments to view the First Vision cinematic.
- This area is easier to map if either Service: In Defense of the Eye or Snowball Dominance are active.
- The Ice Imps and Stonewolves are hostile to each other.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 150 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 141 to 163.
- The first time you visit this zone, a dialogue occurs between Jora and Sif Shadowhunter, which prevents Tjorvi Throstson from spawning. If you want to get Norn blessing right away, rezone through Boreal Station before continuing.
- All of the Snow Wurms need to be killed to consider this area vanquished.
- There are hidden Mountain Aloes in the southern areas, mostly near the Mountain Pinesouls.
- The dialogue with Evennia was added as part of the May 06, 2010 update.
|Explorable areas in the Far Shiverpeaks|
|Bjora Marches • Drakkar Lake • Epilogue • Hall of Monuments • Ice Cliff Chasms • Jaga Moraine • Norrhart Domains • Polymock Glacier • Varajar Fells|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|