Ice Cliff Chasms
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Ice Cliff Chasms|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Eye of the North (outpost)
The ice column statue.
This is the first explorable area players will visit in the Far Shiverpeaks, and is the site of the mysterious tower, known as the Eye of the North.
This area can initially be entered from Boreal Station after doing the requisite quest to enter Guild Wars Eye of the North.
- Boreal Station (southeast)
- Eye of the North (center)
- Norrhart Domains (north)
- Battledepths (center of west side)
- Resurrection shrines with bounties
- Ketilbiorn → Norn Hunting Party
- north-west corner by portal to Norrhart Domains
- Maddi Ingvendottir → Norn Hunting Party
- north-east corner of area
- Nidbjorg → Norn Hunting Party
- east side, due north of Boreal Station
- Ogg the Gruff → Norn Hunting Party
- center, on east side of Eye of the North outpost
- Ornoloff → Norn Hunting Party
- east side approx 3/4 of the way up
- Ragnvald → Norn Hunting Party
- west side by exit to Battledepths
- Skjaldulf Lightfingers → Norn Hunting Party
- at the third Resurrection Shrine out of Boreal Station
- Tjorvi Throstson → Norn Hunting Party
- outside Boreal Station
- Automatically accepted upon entering the area (displayed in the Quest Log as Gwen)
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- 24 Deldrimor Scout (after Northern Allies)
- 24 Dwarven Demolitionist
- 20 Vanguard Pet Master (pet tamer)
- 20 Lieutenant Thackeray (after The Missing Vanguard or Snowball Dominance, but before completing Thackeray's scavenger hunt)
- 20 Varr the Unlovable (collector for 5 Mountain Roots)
- 5 Jingle Bear (after Snowball Dominance)
- 5 Mountain Eagle
- 5 Polar Bear
- 5 White Jingle Moa (after Snowball Dominance)
- 20 (26) Stonewolf
- 28 (30) Avalanche
- 24 (26) Frozen Elemental
- 24 (26) Chilling Wisp
- 22 (26) Ice Imp
- 20 (26) Mandragor Scavenger
- 20 (26) Ulcerous Mandragor
- 20 (26) Dreamroot Mandragor
- 20 (26) Mystic Mandragor
- 28 (30) Mountain Pinesoul
- 20 (26) Mountain Aloe
- 20 (30) Snow Wurm
- 24 (30) Elsnil Frigidheart → Water Trident (Elsnil's Frigidheart)
- 24 (30) Johon the Oxflinger → Prepared Shot (Johon's Longbow)
- For the dialogue by Gwen, see Gwen's garden.
- For the dialogue related to the War in Kryta, see War in Kryta dialogues.
- The ice column statue can be seen in the northeast of the zone.
- Gwen's garden lies behind the Eye of the North.
- The area outside Boreal Station is a popular place for chest runs or to farm experience (for pets, heroes, your character, or the Survivor title).
- It is almost completely safe: the Snow Wurms spawn in fixed locations, they do little damage (even in Hard Mode), and they do not attack unless you attack them first.
- On average, a runner can reach two locked chests in less than two minutes.
- The portals to the Battledepths and Norrhart Domains are closed until your character uses the Scrying Pool in the Hall of Monuments to view the First Vision cinematic.
- This area is easier to map if either Service: In Defense of the Eye or Snowball Dominance are active.
- The Ice Imps and Stonewolves are hostile to each other.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 152 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 141 to 163 foes.
- The first time you visit this zone, a dialogue occurs between Jora and Sif Shadowhunter, which prevents Tjorvi Throstson from spawning. If you want to get Norn blessing right away, rezone through Boreal Station before continuing.
- There are hidden Mountain Aloes in the southern areas, mostly near the Mountain Pinesouls.
- In normal mode only a single group of Chilling Wisps spawn on the central frozen lake, while in hard mode an additional group of Chilling Wisps and multiple groups of Ice Imps spawn there too.
- The dialogue with Evennia was added as part of the May 06, 2010 update.
|Explorable areas in the Far Shiverpeaks|
|Bjora Marches • Drakkar Lake • Epilogue • Hall of Monuments • Ice Cliff Chasms • Jaga Moraine • Norrhart Domains • Polymock Glacier • Varajar Fells|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|