|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Sepulchre of Dragrimmar
This area is named after the large frozen lake in the middle, a place the Norn shun due to a foreboding sense of dark magic. To the north are icy caverns that house a shrine to the spirit of Wolf. The south are where tribes of Modniir centaurs roam.
Norn Hunting Party
- 20 Durdan Cliffjumper
- 20 Gafir Yogsson
- 20 Ion Thomsson
- 20 Ruven
- 20 Sonya the Crimson
- 20 Valka Beastcrusher
- 20 Wiglaf
- 20 Beojorn
- 20 Mandof
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- 20 (20) Marduc Snakeslayer (collector for 5 Stone Summit Emblems)
- 20 (20) Tanni Silvermane (collector for 5 Modniir Manes)
- 20 Budger Blackpowder
- 20 Hogni Truthseeker
- 24 Outrunner Remlok
- 24 Sage Bollnar
- 20 Kilroy Stonekin
- 20 Dwarven Miner (2, after the Big Unfriendly Jotun)
- 5 (23) Caribou
- 5 Black Wolf
- 5 Mountain Eagle
- 5 Polar Bear
- 5 White Moa (rare, outside the southern entrance to Sifhalla)
- 5 White Wolf
- 5 (23) Rabbit (initially allies)
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Carver
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Crusher
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Herder
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Ranger
- 24 (26) Dolyak Master
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Healer
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Gnasher
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Arcanist
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Sage
- 28 (30) Jotun Skullsmasher
- 28 (30) Jotun Bloodcurdler
- 28 (30) Jotun Bladeturner
- 28 (30) Jotun Mindbreaker
- 24 (26) Frost Wurm
- 24 (30) Koren Wildrunner → Crippling Shot (Koren's Hornbow) (patrols clockwise or counter-clockwise around the lake)
- 28 (30) Dvalinn Stonebreaker → Cleave (The Stonebreaker) (only before completion of In the Service of Revenge)
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Drakkar Lake.|
- Frozen within the lake itself is a large creature. It is a champion of Jormag, one of the Elder Dragons featured in Guild Wars 2.
- Just south of the Norrhart Domains exit is a path that leads to a small enclosed valley. A rabbit stands at the start of the path. It will start downwards to the center when you approach. Be warned that this is a trap. If you follow the rabbit to the center, Nulfastu Earthbound will spawn with about five dozen Vaettir around you and along the path. These are levels 15 to 20 in normal mode. To be safer, you can send someone to trigger the ambush while you wait atop the path and then fight your way down. Note that once triggered, the path also contains additional hidden Vaettir. For exploration purposes, you can circle the valley without triggering the spawns; just keep away from the center.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 429 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 330 to 527 foes.
- The area around the frozen lake is the most dangerous; be aware that many small groups of Chilling Wisps circle the frozen lake in a counter-clockwise direction.
- If you wish to fight less, avoid triggering the rabbit hole trap in the southeast.
- There are many other spots where hidden Vaettir will spawn, most notably in corners, around clumps of trees, and the graveyard between the two Sifhalla exits.
- If you talk to Kilroy Stonekin, additional Stone Summit will spawn in their encampment.
- Koren Wildrunner's group patrols a long route around the frozen lake and sometimes the surrounding areas as well.
- Sometimes you need to kill charmable animals to complete the vanquish.
- With a total 201900 pixels—the largest data currently known—Drakkar Lake is both the single largest explorable area in EotN and the largest across the entirety of Guild Wars, providing 6.886% of Cartographer's EotN title.
- A Drakkar is the name for an old Viking longboat.
|Explorable areas in the Far Shiverpeaks|
|Bjora Marches • Drakkar Lake • Epilogue • Hall of Monuments • Ice Cliff Chasms • Jaga Moraine • Norrhart Domains • Polymock Glacier • Varajar Fells|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|