|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Exit(s)||None (see notes)|
A map of the area
- The NPCs are grouped according to their affiliations
Deldrimor Dwarves (above the stairs, where your party appears)
- Budger Blackpowder
- High Priest Alkar
- Kilroy Stonekin
- Ogden Stonehealer
- Orozar Highstone
- Dwarven Soldier
- Transformed Mender
- Transformed Scout
- Captain Langmar
- Artificer Mullenix
- Supplymaster Micah
- Vanguard Helmet
- Vanguard Monk
- Vanguard Warrior
The rest of the henchmen (near the center of the chamber):
Asura (north side of the chamber)
The Shining Blade (near the Asura)
Norn (southwestern corner of the chamber)
- Bear Spirit
- Egil Fireteller
- Gunnar Poundfist
- Hogni Truthseeker
- Olaf Olafson
- Olfun Longeye
- Olrun Olafdottir
- Magni the Bison
- Sif Shadowhunter
- Norn Guard
- Norn Guard Captain
Heroes from the Norn Fighting Tournament (near the Norn)
Charr (towards the south)
- Bonwor Fierceblade
- Cowl Fiercetongue
- Gron Fierceclaw
- Pyre Fierceshot
- Roan Fierceheart
- Seer Fiercereign
- Siege Devourer
Jelly (furthest from the stairs)
Some of the groups have intermediate dialogue that starts when a character approaches. Ogden is initially standing at the top of the stairs, while Gwen, Pyre, Vekk, and Jora are standing at the bottom. As you go down the stairs, the following dialogue takes place, and when completed, all five heroes will walk to their respective groupings.
- Gwen: "These bad guys should know by now. You can't stop a real hero."
- Pyre Fierceshot: "When you set your mind on victory, the world has no chance but to hear you roar. That is the difference between a hero... and a corpse."
- Gwen: "The Charr is right... this time. I suspect the world has not heard the last of you!"
- Jora: "A human agreeing with a Charr? Without insults? Strike me senseless!"
- Vekk: "I am amazed they even talk to each other. There may be hope yet."
Dialogue from the Ebon Vanguard group:
- Captain Langmar: "Hearing <character name>'s heroic tales gives me real hope for Ascalon."
- Artificer Mullenix: "No matter what the Charr boast, we will reclaim Ascalon one day."
- Captain Langmar: "I wouldn't let myself believe it before, but <character name> has shown me that there are still heroes in the world, even after the horrors of the Searing. It may take time, but I have hope. Thank you, <character name>."
Dialogue from Devona and friends:
- Devona: "We have cheated Grenth's grip once more and lived. And yet I wonder... Perhaps it is time we hung up our blades; let someone else fight the monsters."
- Mhenlo: "I know how you feel, Devona. But, so long as there is evil in the world, we cannot give up."
- Cynn: "Baldie is right. As long as there are bad guys to set on fire, we have to carry the torch and, you know, burn them to cinders. Right?"
- Mhenlo: "Er... yes. That's what I was trying to say."
- Devona: "I guess so. And after <character name>'s great victory, how can we do less? For Ascalon, and for glory!"
- Eve: "Unless we all die trying... But that's never stopped us before."
The Asura group's dialogue:
- Doff: "It's genius! All we have to do is adjust the difibricator and cause an overload in rear activity gate drive!"
- Lork: "What will that do?"
- Doff: "Oh, probably nothing. But possibly everything! We could rule the world! Or it could blow us all to smithereens."
- Mamp: "I could get a krewe together for that in three, maybe four hours."
- Lork: "Look, <character name> just finished saving all of us. Can't we wait to endanger the world again until after supper at least?"
- Doff: "*sigh* Fine."
The dialogue as you approach the Norn group:
- Gunnar Poundfist: "Bear has blessed <character name>! I've rarely seen anyone... even a Norn... with such courage."
- Olaf Olafson: "I taught <character name> and companions everything they know. From how to hold a sword to what spells to use in combat. It's all because of me."
- Egil Fireteller: "Stuff it between the horns, Olaf! My stories are amazing, but nothing compared to those of !" [sic]
- Olaf Olafson: "Alright, alright. Hail to <character name>! The only human as brave as a Norn, and the only hunter as good as me!"
- After a short time the fireworks will start.
- Credits will show up as soon as you receive a Droknar's Key from Droknar.
- This area is the equivalent of the Throne of Secrets in the Nightfall campaign, the Divine Path in the Factions campaign, and Droknar's Forge (explorable area) in the Prophecies campaign.
- Unlike Nightfall, the heroes that you have not yet acquired in Eye of the North do not offer you a quest to acquire them. Instead, the on-click dialog box suggests there is more to be done.
- The background music that plays is the song for the original Prophecies character selection screen, which hasn't been heard in Guild Wars since the January 19, 2006 Update when it was changed for the release of Factions.
- For defeating the Great Destroyer, players are rewarded with Droknar's Key after speaking with Droknar. This can be exchanged for a green item in the following chests (these chests are actually collectors, as such, clicking on any of them will not consume the key):
- After retrieving Droknar's Key for the first time, it's not possible to get it again on a same character. Talking to Droknar again will reveal a new option to transport the party back to Eye of the North.
|Explorable areas in the Far Shiverpeaks|
|Bjora Marches • Drakkar Lake • Epilogue • Hall of Monuments • Ice Cliff Chasms • Jaga Moraine • Norrhart Domains • Polymock Glacier • Varajar Fells|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|