|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Vekk is an eager young Asura. He and his people have been driven to the surface recently, and he is curious and interested about this new development. Of late, Vekk has been working with another underground race, the Dwarves, on maintaining a set of magical gateways through the Depths.
Although he may not seem daring or even outgoing, his clever mind and agile fingers can create amazing magical items and explosive assistance when his companions are in need. If you can overlook his grouchy and slightly condescending nature... he's actually a very good friend.
As with all Asura, Vekk believes in the Eternal Alchemy, the world's universal flow of energy and purpose. He is considered one of the finest minds among his people, and is always looking to perfect his craft. Of course, it’s not easy being perfect when you're surrounded by idiots...
- Eye of the North
- Guild Wars Beyond
Hero default skills
- Lightning Strike
- Blurred Vision
- Lightning Orb
- Aura of Restoration
- Blinding Flash
- Air Attunement
- Resurrection Signet
Eye of the North, in the Norn Fighting Tournament
15 Water Magic
The appearance of his armor can be upgraded to Brotherhood armor using Cloth of the Brotherhood acquired from the Glint's Challenge challenge mission. It can also be upgraded to Deldrimor armor using Deldrimor Armor Remnants acquired in the Hierophant's Chest at the end of the Slavers' Exile dungeon.
See Vekk's armor gallery.
- "Trust me. Vekk is the answer to all your problems."
- What are you, anyway?
- "I belong to a powerful race, the Asura. We are gifted spellcrafters, golemancers, and mageworkers. Superior to all races. My people lived in the Depths but were driven to the surface by the Destroyers. So much knowledge lost! The bulk of my people now make their homes along the Tarnished Coast."
- What are these gates?
- "Ah, you like them? We travel through the Depths with them. Beats having to carve out miles of tunnels, don't you think? They teleport you to a predetermined destination through another Asura Gate. Most of them are tuned to the Central Transfer Chamber. But when we lost that, the entire network was compromised. A few gates do not tie back to the Chamber, mostly to small backwater places like your homeland. Those are still safe, at least for the moment."
- "After all this time, I admit I find you... interesting."
- Olafstead (during the Wedding)
- "A Norn wedding is all fine and well, but if you want to see a real party, you should see an Asuran wedding! No one is allowed to leave until a precise calculation is made for how much love is in the air. Nothing says 'I love you' like complex algorithms!"
- "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
- "I can calculate our odds of success. How's that for ingenuity?"
- "I've been thinking about the Charr. I think they can be domesticated."
- "My friend, you're jumpy as a dredge in a room full of rubber balls."
- "You give a new meaning to the term "counter-intelligence.""
- "Are you dumb, or just ugly?"
- "Choke on that, physics!"
- "Crazy bookah. They always fall for the same trick."
- "Gentlemen, this meeting is adjourned."
- "Here's my proposal: you stand there and I'll hit you!"
- "I can kill you with my brain."
- "I will never understand why you bookahs insist on pounding your heads against the towering wall of my intellect."
- "I win. you die. Do you need any more lessons on inevitability?"
- "If you can't beat them... arrange to have them beaten."
- "It's not my fault that you big bookahs can't dodge!"
- "Never mess with an Asura when death is on the line!"
- "Such a pity."
- "Well, it looks like this is the end of the world. Open warfare... with idiots."
- "When in doubt, either invent something or kill something."
- "You're my kind of stupid!"
- A duplicate Vekk will show up as an "Asura Elementalist".
- The size of weapons given to Vekk are scaled down slightly.
- Vekk's default weapon is a customized blue Air Staff (core skin) with Energy +10, 11-22 lightning damage, an attribute requirement of 9 Air Magic and Halves skill recharge of spells (Chance: 10%). It cannot be placed into storage.
- Since he is the only Asura hero, Vekk cannot transfer disease to or from other party members but can receive disease from other Asura.
- As with all heroes, this one has a tonic form.
- His battle quote "Never mess with an Asura when death is on the line!" is a reference to a line from the movie the Princess Bride spoken by Vizzini.
- The quotes "I can kill you with my brain" and "You're my kind of stupid!" are from the TV Series Firefly spoken by River Tam and Malcom Reynolds respectively.
- The quote "If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten." is a quote from George Carlin.
- The quote "Choke on that, Physics" is a reference to the television show Futurama, when the professor says "Choke on that, causality!".
- The quote "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" is a reference to the television series Pinky and the Brain, in which the voice actor for Vekk also provides the voice of Brain.
- The first portion of the quote "I can calculate our odds of success. How's that for ingenuity?" is most like a reference to Marvin the Paranoid Android from the book series by Douglas Adams, BBC TV series and later movie titled Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In Hitchhiker's, Marvin usually finishes this line with ", but I don't think you'll like them."
- Vekk appeared in a commercial for GameStop at the Sacred Altar along with Ogden Stonehealer and Pyre Fierceshot.
- Vekk is voiced by Maurice LaMarche.