Master of Whispers
|Master of Whispers|
|Affiliation||Order of Whispers|
Concept art by Kekai Kotaki.
"Of course I know who you are. It's my job to know."
Dare not speak the name of the Master of Whispers – not unless you have a good reason for doing so. This cryptic figure is so mysterious that he's hidden his real name; instead, he's always addressed by his title. The Master of Whispers has unquestioned command of an efficient organization, although many debate what form his authority actually takes. One rumor holds that he's the province's spymaster, keeping a job where he serves as a central collector of information from spies across the nation (and perhaps beyond). Others believe he deals with supernatural threats, training his agents as ghost seekers and demon hunters. Whatever the truth may be, he often finds reason for traveling with adventurers exploring Elona (and perhaps beyond). His reasons for doing so are strictly on a need-to-know basis. You're just not ready to learn that yet.
The Master of Whispers is the leader of the secret organization known as the Order of Whispers. He is a spymaster and adviser to the player character in matters of intelligence and espionage. Although he is always referred to by his title, his real name is Jurah.
- Dejarin Estate (before completion of To Kill a Demon)
- Jahai Bluffs (during Centaur Blackmail and Secrets in the Shadow)
- The Floodplain of Mahnkelon (during To Kill a Demon)
- Realm of Torment
- R indicates that the Master of Whispers must be in the party
- R indicates that the Master of Whispers must be in the party
Quests involved in:
- Centaur Blackmail
- Mysterious Message
- Calling the Order R
- Data Mining R
- To the Rescue R
- Coffer of Joko R
- Puzzling Parchment R
Complete the primary quest To Kill a Demon, which is the follow-up quest to Secrets in the Shadow. Secrets in the Shadow is offered right after completion of the Mysterious Message quest, together with a mutually exclusive primary quest For a Price. The latter quest leads to the recruitment of Margrid the Sly. As such, completing For a Price will prevent the recruitment of Master of Whispers until after the completion of the Nightfall campaign where you can receive the quest Gain Master of Whispers to recruit him.
- Hero default skills
- Enfeebling Blood
- Envenom Enchantments
- Life Siphon
- Vampiric Gaze
- Resurrection Signet
The Master of Whispers starts out with Mysterious Armor, an armor art type unique to him.
The appearance of his armor can be upgraded to Ancient armor using Ancient Armor Remnants acquired from the Remains of Sahlahja Challenge Mission. The appearance of his armor can also be upgraded to Primeval armor using Primeval Armor Remnants acquired in the Domain of Anguish and during the Ebony Citadel of Mallyx mission.
See Master of Whispers's armor gallery.
Jahai Bluffs and Dejarin Estate:
- "No need to introduce yourself. I know exactly who you are and what you're capable of. Half the people you've met in Istan work for me, whether they realize it or not. My name? That is unimportant. All you need know is that I am an ally, and that I know as much about our enemies as I do about you."
Throne of Secrets:
- "The Order of Whispers is indebted to you for all that you have done. Elona does not know the full extent of your actions. We do."
Quotes in the context of the Nightfall storyline:
- "You have taken your first step. Now it is the time to learn how to run. Meet me in the Rilohn Refuge and we will finish this."
- "Hurry, on to Moddok Crevice. My spies tell me that the Kournans are alerted to our movements."
- "I've had my agents reporting on this party. I'm telling you now: be careful of Tahlkora. There's something she's not telling you."
- "These three princes will be busy. Emissaries from Kourna say that Varesh is moving troops northward."
- "Vaughn the Venerable. Actually, his name is Punkett, and he's as venerable as day-old bread. But where did he get the money to host the show in the first place."
- "Varesh is planning something big; this attack is only the first step."
- "Vahmani speaks the truth. The Order of Whispers helped defeat Palawa Joko, and we are still trained to fight the supernatural."
- "Down into darkness to find the light. It's ironic, isn't it? Our best chance of stopping Nightfall lies with Vabbi, and the leaders of Vabbi have already buried themselves...entombed in their cowardice."
- "If the only way we can get these princes to move forward is by sticking a knife in their back, then you can borrow my blade."
- "The djinn of Ahdashim can protect the forum for a little while, but Zerai is right. Varesh will continue her quest right up, until she reaches her master's feet."
- "The Marga Coast holds my attention right now. The reports I'm getting from that area are scattered...and bloodstained."
- "Ronjok in danger. Ah, yes. That would make sense. Varesh's revenge."
- "Once again our fates are intertwined with those of the Centaurs. They have proved good allies."
- "Secrets are only dangerous to those who protect them. The more we find out about these wurms and Palawa Joko's connection to them, the safer we'll be."
- "The loss of Kormir is a devastating one, but we can recover. You didn't need her in Istan when you first fought the portals. We don't need her now."
- "Once we cross the Desolation, my spies will be useless. There are no reports from beyond those wastes; even if a man could cross them and live, how could he send anything back?"
- "By Balthazar, imagine if we'd had these wurms back in Vabbi! Those Harbingers would have been nothing but sand dunes in our path!"
- "I can't say I agree with the decision to help Palawa Joko. You do remember that it was the Order of Whispers, who put him in the ground in the first place?"
- "Abaddon is the very heart of these lands, beating with a foul sickness that pollutes everything that resides in this dark plane."
- "These terrorweb dryders are unusual. Why are the Margonites allowing them to move freely through these lands? Are they allied somehow?"
- "I must ask Kormir about these spirits who follow her. It seems she has built up quite an impressive array of helpers.... Lost Sunspears, seeking for a guide in the darkness!"
- "I can think of no worse hell to be condemned to than this terrible realm. If Abaddon was once a friend to mankind, this place would have driven him from that friendship as surely as the storm drives a bird from the sky."
- "Kormir calls us to the Gate of Madness. Prepare yourselves. We may never see Elona again, but at least it can be said that we did our best."
- "If we die, let us die in battle, clawing and fighting our enemy to ribbons so long as we could move a hand. The gods themselves have blessed our cause...now it is up to us to save the world."
- Nightfall Campaign completed:
- "I have done my duty, completed all that the Order of Whispers would have me do, and more. Perhaps a small cottage by the beach somewhere in Istan..."
- "Death, come now!"
- "Everyone needs a hobby. Let me guess... yours is failure?"
- "Fight now, or live in shame forever!"
- "For Grenth, and for Vabbi!"
- "Get used to defeat."
- "Grenth guide my hand."
- "It is already too late for you, my friend."
- "Let me whisper my name to you as you die..."
- "May peace find you quickly."
- "The battle must be swift. There are more nearby."
- "There are a million ways to kill a man. This is number 362."
- "Victory does not go to the loudest, but to the most effective."
- "You do not have eyes in the back of your head. Pity."
- "Your death is most regrettable... but not to me."
- A duplicate Master of Whispers will show up as an "Elonian Necromancer".
- Master of Whispers' default weapon is a customized blue Unholy Staff with Energy +10, 11-22 cold damage, an attribute requirement of 9 Curses and Halves skill recharge of spells (Chance: 20%).
- As with all heroes, this one has a tonic form.
- The voice actor for this character is Keith Szarabajka.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Master of Whispers.|