|Given by||Pehai |
in Gate of Torment
(Realm of Torment)
|Preceded by||Ruins of Morah|
|Followed by||Gate of Pain|
Breaking the Broken
(Click to enlarge)
Dunkoro must be in your party.
- Bring Dunkoro to meet with Kormir in Nightfallen Jahai.
- Travel through Nightfallen Jahai with Kormir and Dunkoro.
- Speak with the Tortured Sunspear.
- See Jarindok for your reward.
Walk out north at Gate of Torment into Nightfallen Jahai. Speak with Kormir and follow the way north. Take care to aggro only one group at a time as two groups will probably kill you; the mobs here are significantly more difficult than those in Kourna and Vabbi and you're under the effect of Edge of Reason. Speak with the Tortured Sunspear. After a cinematic you will find yourself in Gate of Pain.
- "You there! You're one of the Sunspears, right? I can't believe any of you actually showed up...alive, I mean. Well, I guess Kormir was right about you Sunspears. What's that? Yeah, I know Kormir. Oh, that reminds me. Kormir said I should send you and Dunkoro out to Nightfall Jahai to meet her as soon as you arrived. She wants your help coming up with a plan. Huh. What do you know? I never thought I'd actually have to deliver that message."
- "<Character name>! Dunkoro! It is good to see you. As you can see, I am in a bit of a...predicament. Let's get moving. I'll explain as we go."
Intermediate dialogue 2
- Dunkoro: "What is this, Kormir? And, more importantly, what are you doing here?"
- Kormir: "This is Nightfallen Jahai. It is but a shadow of the Jahai Bluffs of our world. Abaddon has dreamed it into being, and when the dream is complete, the bluffs will fall into night. This is what Abaddon will do to our world if not stopped."
- Kormir: "As for me, I found myself trapped here, pulled bodily into this realm. I am still blind, yet can sense pain around me. I fear that I, like others, have been contaminated by Abaddon's touch, and my body and spirit are now bound here by that foul taint."
- Kormir: "All those who come into contact with Abaddon are fated to come here. It is the only way to prevent their contamination of the rest of reality. As long as Abaddon's presence remains, he will corrupt all he can reach, and doom them to eternal torment here."
- Kormir "The Dark God of Secrets was contained here once; unable to harm those of our world. But he has begun to break free, and he moves the walls of his prison outward. Unless we defeat him, he will turn all of Elona into a nightmare realm like this one."
- Dunkoro "Defeat him? Kormir, that's madness. How can we fight a god? There must be something else we can do; some other way to stop this from happening."
- Kormir "The time for caution has passed, Dunkoro. Every moment we delay is another moment Abaddon uses to grow stronger and reach further into Elona. I need your strategic insights, not your doubts. We need a plan."
- Dunkoro "A plan? For defeating a god? That may be beyond my strategic capabilities."
- Tortured Sunspear
- Ah, there you are <character name>. Kormir has asked me to show you something.
- What did Kormir want you to show us?
- Are you sure you're ready to move on? We're entering into dangerous territory.
- We are ready. (sent to Uncharted Territory (cinematic))
- We are not ready yet.
- "Ah, <character name>! Kormir told me you would be coming. She's gone ahead into the Domain of Pain to scout the area. When you're ready, you should catch up with her. The battlements are heavily guarded, so you should be careful."