A cinematic is a cutscene that appears during a mission or quest and gives the player historical and/or tactical information about it. Most missions have a cinematic in the middle, and another one after completing the mission.
Cinematics by campaign
Please note that all lists (except core) contain spoilers.
- During a cinematic, all party members will appear in the cinematic, even the ones that were dead prior to the start of the cinematic.
- After a cinematic, all dead party members will be resurrected with 1 health.
- Minions do not lose health during cinematics.
- If you are disconnected during a cinematic and manage to reconnect, you will not be able to see the scene.
- All players need to select "Skip" to bypass the remainder of the cinematic.
- During cinematics, the party leader is the character doing the talking (if any) for the party.
- When a cinematic is displayed upon the first entry into a mission outpost, there is usually an NPC available in the outpost to redisplay the cinematic (excluding Prophecies outposts). Redisplaying a cinematic via an NPC in the outpost will remove the player from the party.
- If the party leader has a pet, usually the pet will stand right on top of the character making it hard to see him/her. Tall birds (Moa Bird, Flamingo, Crane, etc.) usually do the most hiding, and will run in front of their owner when movement is involved.
- Minions that are masterless prior to the start of a cinematic will often attack and possibly kill defenseless allied non-player characters and characters. If not masterless, they will attack hostile targets who are part of the cinematic or they can block the camera view.
|Core • Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall • Eye of the North • Bonus Mission Pack|
|Cultures & History||Ecology • Government • Language • Magic • Race • Religion • Species • Timeline|
|Genealogy||Elonian Royalty • Imperial Dynasty • Tyrian Royalty|
|Storylines||Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall • Eye of the North • Beyond|
|Stories|| Chapters: (1) The Wall • (2) The North • (3) The Nolani Academy of the Arcane Arts • (4) The Shiverpeaks • (5) The Dwarves • (6) The Wilds • (7) The Rift • (8) Chasing a Legend|
The Battle for Kyhlo • The Protectors of Kryta • Sorrow's Furnace
|Letters||History of Tyria • An Empire Divided • Letters from Kuro • Letters from Neiro • Letters from Togo • War Chronicles • Miku's Tale|
|Lore documents|| Canthan Culture • Conflict in Cantha • History of Elona • Nightfall • GW:EN and Now|
History of the Shining Blade • The Story of the White Mantle • For the Future of Cantha!
|Cinematics||Core • Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall • Eye of the North • Bonus Mission Pack|