From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
"Stories" is a term used in reference to the various short story chapters telling background on Guild Wars Prophecies. Most focus on Devona, Mhenlo, Aidan, and Cynn, with three focusing on Mordakai. Though not a short story itself, among them is a promotion article for Sorrow's Furnace.
Chapter 1: The Wall
- "Devona looked out at a world of upheaval, the ruins of a fallen kingdom, now desperately holding onto its last, best hope for survival."
Chapter 2: The North
- "The beast's beady little eyes twitched up and down, as if it were sizing her up."
The Nolani Academy of the Arcane Arts
- "Devona stepped out of the swirling circle of light into a small, roofless room and drew her sword."
Chapter 3: The Shiverpeaks
- "As if on cue, the huge wooden gate guarding the front entrance to the camp slid open, and a shambling mass of creatures rode out."
Chapter 4: The Dwarves
- "I don't care if any of the dwarves in these mountains are our allies," she said, her eyes turning dark and the jeweled tip of her staff turning a fiery orange, "I'm through being chased."
Chapter 5: The Wilds
- "The jungle grasped for the sun, pushing higher and higher as the individual plants fought with each other for survival and a larger share of the life-giving light."
Chapter 6: The Rift
- "Hurry,." said Lord Victo, as he reached the top of the stairs, turning to float before the elaborate altar. "The unworthy dead grow restless. Do not allow them to interfere."
Chapter 7: The Battle for Kyhlo: Day One
- "Even with the ramparts and archers patrolling the crenellations, the guild was still in for a tough fight. Not everyone would live to see another dawn."
Chapter 8: The Battle for Kyhlo: Day Two
- "He was the Reaper of Ascalon, his hammer the scythe, his tarnished, blood-covered armor the flowing robes of Death himself."
Chapter 9: The Battle for Kyhlo: The Final Hour
- "Getting to his feet, Mordakai took the stone steps two at a time, leaping to the top to be greeted by the vision of a swirling melee."
Chapter 10: The Protectors of Kryta: Part One
- "Saul is a shepherd, and we are but his humble followers. You would do well to follow his example."
- "The fiery heart of Sorrow's Furnace is home to some of Tyria's most fearsome creatures."
Chapter 11: The Protectors of Kryta: Part Two
- "Across the gorge, four Krytan merchants were fighting for their lives. Surrounded on three sides, a flock of six birdlike creatures slashed at them with swords, axes, and claws."
Chapter 12: Chasing a Legend
- "The Dwarf who had customized his new bow scratched his beard. 'The last fella from Ascalon who went out there never returned.'"
- These short stories were released on guildwars.com over the course of 2004 and 2005, building up to the game's release.
- Official website (archived)
|Cultures & History||Ecology • Government • Language • Magic • Race • Religion • Species • Timeline|
|Architecture||Architecture of Elona|
|Genealogy||Elonian Royalty • Imperial Dynasty • Tyrian Royalty|
|Storylines||Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall • Eye of the North • Beyond|
|Stories||Chapters: (1) The Wall • (2) The North • (3) The Nolani Academy of the Arcane Arts • (4) The Shiverpeaks • (5) The Dwarves • (6) The Wilds • (7) The Rift • (8) Chasing a Legend|
The Battle for Kyhlo • The Protectors of Kryta • Sorrow's Furnace
|Letters||History of Tyria • An Empire Divided • Letters from Kuro • Letters from Neiro • Letters from Togo • War Chronicles • Miku's Tale|
|Lore documents||Canthan Culture • Conflict in Cantha • History of Elona • Nightfall • GW:EN and Now|
History of the Shining Blade • The Story of the White Mantle • For the Future of Cantha!
|Cinematics||Core • Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall • Eye of the North • Bonus Mission Pack|