|Affiliation||Order of the Sunspears|
Concept art by Kekai Kotaki.
A lifetime of experience has made Dunkoro the man he is today: an elder strategist who knows his way around Elona. He's a veteran of battles against corsairs, Centaurs, heket, desert raiders, and stranger enemies. Although he's faced countless dangers alone, he prefers to spend his time advising other soldiers, offering direction and insight to any soldier who will listen. Unfortunately, not everyone listens to his advice. Most recruits respect him professionally, but personally, he remains distant from everyone below him in rank. When life and death are on the line, he doesn't seem to care about other people's fears and concerns, only results: you win, or you die. With this determined and unemotional approach to warfare, Dunkoro's insights have meant the difference between victory and defeat throughout his career. For any hero who prefers rational strategy over chaos, Dunkoro is the man with a plan.
- Realm of Torment
- R indicates that Dunkoro must be in the party
- R indicates that Dunkoro must be in the party
Quests involved in:
- Realm of Torment
Dunkoro starts with basic monk armor, which includes a Prophet's Scalp Design, labeled as Sunspear Armor but with its own unique appearance. The headpiece provides +1 in the attribute of the rune applied to it. His armor rating ranges from 3 to 60, depending on his level.
The appearance of his armor can be upgraded to Elite Sunspear Armor using Stolen Sunspear Armor acquired from the Dajkah Inlet Challenge Mission. The appearance of his armor can be upgraded to Primeval armor using Primeval Armor Remnants acquired in the Domain of Anguish and during the Ebony Citadel of Mallyx mission.
See Dunkoro's armor gallery.
In the Cliffs of Dohjok and the Command Post:
- "You can't just run off without a plan. Let me help you. I've been with the Sunspears for years. I plan our strategies. Kormir executes them. Let me do the same for you."
In The Tribunal:
- "Choose your words carefully; the slightest implication will have great repercussions."
In Throne of Secrets:
- "I never could have planned for this day... but all the same, I am glad to see it."
- "A general and a soldier go into the same box when the game is done. Remember that."
- "He who has never learned to obey can never learn to command."
- "I was thinking... perhaps we're going about this wrong. The enemy may be prepared for our attack. We should investigate further."
- "Stop walking before you start thinking, or you're going to fall into a hole."
- "The very definition of a hero is one who is afraid... and goes on."
Quotes in the context of the Nightfall storyline:
- "It is in our best interests to be at our best when we meet these Kournans. The more honor we show them, the more honor we may bring to the council table when the Elders talk politics."
- Before accepting the reward:
- "First Spear Dehvad was right. I can only hope that Kormir's plan leads to the rise of the First City... and not a repeat of its destruction."
- Between The Honorable General and Signs and Portents:
- "General Morgahn is very generous. I am uncomfortable with Warmarshal Varesh and the Kournans, but perhaps not all of them are as foul as she."
- Signs and Portents:
- "Those ruins provide a great deal of cover for possible ambush. Keep your eyes open, I have a feeling this will be very dangerous."
- "This Melonni seems impulsive, but I have to admit she is right more often than she is wrong."
- Between Jokanur Diggings and Isle of the Dead:
- "This beast, the Apocrypha. I have never heard of it. First Spear Dehvad in Kamadan should hear about this. Immediately."
- Isle of the Dead:
- "There may be more information in those ruins; other things that will help us understand what Varesh is up to. Keep your eyes open."
- Between Isle of the Dead and Bad Tide Rising:
- "Hmm. First Spear Dehvad must have known what it would cost to retake the First City. Maybe he'll tell us more when we return and tell him what we've done."
- Bad Tide Rising:
- "These demons have shown up in Kamadan because of the Apocrypha, I am sure of it. Now we have to make up for that mistake... before Istan is overrun with them."
- Between Bad Tide Rising and Special Delivery:
- "The loss of Kormir is a heavy one. We need to do everything we can to keep Istan safe until she can return. If I'm right, these demons are going to be a thorn in our side for awhile. Maybe First Spear Dehvad knows more."
- Special Delivery:
- "Jerek's always held a grudge that Kormir was given leadership of the Sunspears instead of him. He'll abuse us purely because we're on her side. Keep your head down."
- Between Special Delivery and Big News, Small Package:
- "Castellan Puuba mentioned he'd gotten information on those corsairs. If they're allying with the Kournans, that's going to mean serious problems for the Sunspears."
- Big News, Small Package:
- "As much as I hate to admit it, this mere strip of a girl is very capable. I'm willing to give her a chance, in Dwayna's name."
- Between Big News, Small Package and Following the Trail:
- "Everyone has secrets. Tahlkora may not be very forthcoming about her past, but she's open with information about these corsairs, and that's an advantage."
- Following the Trail:
- "Koss underestimates the problem. The corsairs don't just have Kournan strategy; they have Kournan weapons, equipment, and men."
- "If there are Kournans working with the corsairs, it bodes ill for all of Istan. This is going to be ugly."
- Between Blacktide Den and The Iron Truth:
- "I knew that young runaway would be helpful. The Vabbians often think of things that we Istani wouldn't consider, like deception and infiltration."
- The Iron Truth:
- "Hunt down Ironfist. The Sunspears have been trying to do that for years, and Jerek thinks we can pull it off at his whim?"
- Between The Iron Truth and Trial by Fire:
- "Even Jerek can't complain about this one! Ironfist, in the custody of the Sunspears. For Istan!"
- Trial by Fire:
- "This is a delicate situation. Say the wrong word and the Kournans will get away with everything. You think monsters and corsairs are dangerous? Try politics: one misstep and everybody dies."
- Between Trial by Fire and War Preparations (Recruit Training):
- "Grenth take Jerek! Everything we did, we did on his orders, but he didn't have one breath to give for our support. I warned you about politics. It's a nest of vipers just waiting to strike."
- "A temple to Dwayna in the keys? I've heard of it, but I'm no expert. Is it defensible?"
- Between War Preparations (Wind and Water) and War Preparations (Ghost Reconnaissance):
- "Our best plan now is to talk to Castellan Puuba. Maybe some knowledge from the past can help us decide the future."
- War Preparations (Ghost Reconnaissance):
- "The spirits of the past offer more than good luck. They offer valuable tactical information."
- Between War Preparations (Ghost Reconnaissance) and The Time is Nigh:
- "I plan to meditate on the knowledge that the spirits offered, and discover how to turn it to our best advantage."
- The Time is Nigh:
- "The village of Chahbek has many tactical advantages. Low shoreline, high cliffs, and barricades formed by the structures nearby."
- "Kormir against Varesh? Be ready for anything. I don't trust Varesh to fight with honor. Kormir's going to need us. Balthazar bless us all!"
- "We'll need a safe place to house the wounded Sunspears. Something that's easily guarded, perhaps underground, with plenty of water."
- Between Hunted! and The Great Escape:
- "A small force is ripe for attack. We need to gather allies and prepare ourselves for the future. We will need Koss to do that. He may be loud and arrogant, yes, but the man is as strong as his steel."
- The Great Escape:
- "We know where the Kournans are holding our friend Koss. Are your ready to execute the rescue plans?"
- "That garrison was only the beginning of the Kournan defense. They're entrenching, protecting themselves against attack."
- "We need more men if we're going to protect ourselves against the Kournans. More Sunspears are being held in the Sunward Marches."
- "Those are dangerous traps. Perhaps Rojis could turn that technology to our advantage."
- "Good work getting those refugees out of danger. The two greatest tools a commander has are secrecy and intimidation. The greatest weakness ... is politicians. Keep that in mind."
- "We've lost so much. Elder Suhl is right. We need Vabbi by our side or all of Elona will fall to Varesh."
- "Jahai was my last hope of moving north to Vabbi unnoticed. At this point, Koss's idea of running headlong into Varesh's forces is the only thing we've got left. I don't like it...."
- ""Two-legs?" If that centaur tries to boss us around again, he'll find me standing on one leg and use the other to kick him."
- "I've repaired the gap in our sentry patrols that Zhed used to infiltrate the Command Post, but if Zhed can slip in here, it means others can, too. I don't care how we get there, but we have to find a way into Vabbi soon."
- "If Margrid says she knows a way to rescue Kormir, then I think it's worth our time to listen to her plan."
- "We need disguises. Any suggestions, soldier?"
- "Choose your weapons carefully. This is the kind of challenge where any small mistake can end you. I hope the Master of Whispers has a plan."
- "Margrid and her corsair friends set out to rescue Kormir earlier today. Let that ease your mind."
- "Don't tell Margrid, but I made a copy of the Gandara map while she wasn't looking. Invaluable."
- "Yes, I've heard of Kehanni. Priestess of Lyssa, said to be very devout and blessed by her goddess."
- "That invitation's a double-edged sword. You'll have access to the people we need as allies... but you'll be utterly alone in there. Be careful."
- "It's a trap. Any moron can see that ... even that lunkhead Koss. Keep your weapon ready and be prepared to attack at the first sign of trouble."
- "This danger threatens the Temple of Lyssa itself. No time to waste. We have to warn Kehanni and the Lyssans at the Mirror of Lyss before they are overwhelmed."
- "Follow that lunk-head Goren? That oaf has trouble to remembering to breathe. Are you sure this "Hidden City" actually exists?"
- "The Citadel of Dzagon. I haven't been here since.... But that was long ago."
- "There really is a Hidden City of Ahdashim? Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. Remind me to apologize to Goren for doubting him."
- "Tahlkora should be involved with this one. She seems to do well with the priesthood of Lyssa."
- "Demons at the Temple of Lyssa? Balthazar's blazing eyeballs! What other blasphemies will Varesh stoop to in her insanity?"
- "The only logical route is through the area where the djinn are protecting the Vabbi. It may look impossible, but I believe it can be done."
- "Dreams are troubling things. They can provide both illumination but also can deceive."
- "If Varesh has truly opened the gates to this Realm of Torment, then Sunspear Sanctuary, and all of Istan, is beyond hope."
- "We may be able to save Elona without crossing the Desolation."
- "There are scholars who study the Desolation their entire lives, never daring to venture past the edge of the wastes. If we're serious about this, we're going to need more information."
- "It once seemed that Nightfall was but a distant possibility, but now I find it every time I stare into that monster's undead face. Will the sun never rise again?"
- "Horde of Darkness? I've never heard of them. Margonites I'd assume, probably the chosen of Abaddon. We'll need to be careful. Very careful."
- "Balthazar guide me, but those wurms are amazing! Did you see them fire those projectiles? We could conquer all of Elona, make the Sunspears the preeminent power in the country, rebuild a single throne under Kormir's banner. But... no. Then we'd be as bad as Varesh."
- "This devastation is what Abaddon will do to Istan should he fight his way free. I can hardly bear to look at it. We must find a way to defeat him. Whatever the cost."
- "Remember when we visited the Sunspear ghosts, back in Istan? I look down at that river of souls and I realize our friends are in there. Our ancestors. Other Sunspears. We must defeat Abaddon, for their sakes."
- "This terrain is roughly the same as Istan, just more corrupted. I think I can find ways through that will give us the best chance of avoiding Abaddon's troops. Hurry. This way."
- "So many lost Sunspears, roaming this tortured land. Old friends... and more. By Dwayna, it sickens me to see their courage rewarded with this pain."
- "The gods cannot hear our prayers. We are truly alone."
- "Balthazar bless us! I don't expect we'll live through this. For the record, it's been a pleasure working with you. All of you."
- "Careful now! They're trying to flank us."
- "Every third strike, he has an opening in his guard!"
- "For Elona and the Sunspears!"
- "I fight for courage, knowledge, and honor."
- "Just as I'd planned."
- "Life is short… especially yours!"
- "May the Five Gods guide my arm!"
- "Put your backs into it, everyone."
- "Remember your training! Fight smart!"
- "Resistance is futile!"
- "There are almost too few of you to bother fighting."
- "Watch carefully. This is how a true master fights!"
- "Whoa there! Who taught an idiot like you to fight?"
- "You fight like a drunken Centaur!"
- "You think my skills have dulled? You are wrong!"
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Dunkoro.|
- A duplicate Dunkoro will show up as a "Sunspear Monk".
- Dunkoro's default weapon is a Holy Branch with Energy +5, 5-8 fire damage, a requirement of 1 Divine Favor and 10% HCT Healing Prayers.
- As with all heroes, this one has a tonic form.
- It was revealed that Dunkoro has a son in the Gate of Pain mission. This son died in the Tomb of the Primeval Kings.
- The phrase "Resistance is futile!" is a reference to the Borg of Star Trek
- The voice actor for this character is Ron Canada.