in Sun Docks
|Sunspears in Kryta or
Sunspears in Cantha
|Securing Champion's Dawn
Meet with Kormir to learn about the land of Elona, the Sunspears, hero companions and what Nightfall means.
- Talk to Kormir.
- Speak to First Spear Dehvad to gain entrance to the Training Area.
- Complete Command Training.
- Report to Castellan Puuba in the Sunspear Great Hall for further orders.
- Seamarshal Bendro
You must be the foreign recruits Kormir told me to expect. It's good to see so many heroes from beyond these shores coming to our aid. Spearmarshal Kormir is awaiting for you in the Plains of Jarin. You should hurry and catch up to her; she seems even more driven than normal these days and probably won't wait around long.
- Kormir: "You have answered the call while others prefer to remain in darkness. For that, I, and the entire world for that matter, owe you thanks."
- Kormir: "The darkness you faced in your homeland was a long-forgotten evil; ancient and deadly. That malevolent knowledge now spreads, using the minds it touches to rupture reality and flood our realm with tormented minions. It is referred to as Nightfall by some."
- Kormir: "Varesh Ossa wishes to bring about Nightfall by weakening the boundaries between our world and the tormented realm of her dark god, Abaddon."
Ahai! I'm glad you're here. This land is in grave danger. Warmashal Varesh, leader of the province of Kourna, has slipped into madness. She now worships an evil god named Abaddon, and her power grows every day. Soon her hunger for power will reach beyond Elona and threaten the lands of Cantha and Tyria.
I need your assistance. Take these heroes and train them. Prepare them for war, and pray to the Five Gods we have the strength and the will to overcome the evil that threatens us all....
- First Spear Dehvad
Heroes are special individuals who train beside you, learn as you learn, and bring a great deal of specialized skills to your side. Once you've learned to train and command them, your Heroes will prove invaluable on your travels.
After you've completed your training, you will need to report to Castallan Puuba at the Sunspear Great Hall across the Plains of Jarin. Preparations are underway for an assault on Kourna. Puuba will have your assignment for the coming battle.
- Castellan Puuba
I hear you handled command training like a true leader. Well done. I'm glad to see you are taking this problem so seriously. We are nearly ready to go on the offensive against Varesh. Speak to me again when you are ready for your assignment in the coming battle.
- Koss, Dunkoro, Melonni, and Tahlkora are unlocked after talking to Kormir. They will all be level 15, rather than the level they have during the quest.
- At the same time you will be given an extra copy of the weapons these heroes come with. These weapons are more powerful than the ones they're currently equiped with, and more adapted to their (higher) level.
- When Nightfall was released, the 4 heroes were recruited at the same level that they were recruited in the Nightfall campaign (Koss at level 2, Dunkoro at level 6, Melonni at level 8 and Tahlkora at level 12). This was changed later, probably due to the fact that foreign characters were very soon faced with the Consulate Docks mission where all foes are level 20 (thus, rendering the heroes quite useless). At that time, Securing Champion's Dawn and A Land of Heroes didn't exist.
- Characters who obtained heroes under level 15 are stuck with them, even if they have not yet completed this quest:
- Abandoning the quest and retaking it will not fix their levels. (the levels were set when the heroes were first unlocked)
- It is not possible to delete the heroes via support request.