A Land of Heroes
|A Land of Heroes|
|Given by|| Quarrymaster Bohanna |
in Champion's Dawn
|Preceded by||Securing Champion's Dawn|
|Followed by||The Time is Nigh|
(Click to enlarge)
- Champion's Dawn must not fall to the corsairs.
- Speak to Quarrymaster Bohanna when all members of your party are ready to defend Champion's Dawn!
- Hold off the initial assault against Champion's Dawn.
- Kormir must survive.
- Your party is engaged in a mini-mission. If your party dies during this quest you will not be resurrected at a resurrection shrine.
- Seize the corsair landing points.
- Destroy the corsair chain of command by striking back at their war camps.
- See Castellan Puuba for your reward.
You do not have to defend against the initial assault at all. It is possible to simply walk around to the quarry's north entrance, clear the two camps (the landing points are not necessary) and win.
The first part of the quest requires your party to defend against 6 Corsair and Kournan groups. Each group contains a random set of profession with 3 or 4 members. They come from two different sides, one from the west and the other from the southwest towards the beaches. Each group comes individually. At the end of the sequence, the final group will be led by a level 18 boss, Midshipman Beraidun. This phase is easy.
Afterwards, your party will move southwest to the beach of the Cliffs of Dohjok. There will be 4 "landing points" your party needs to take control of. Each location will have two or three groups of Corsairs and Kournans. Unless you are very powerful, wait for each enemy group to move away from the landing points and then pull them towards you. Use standard PvE caution, draw mobs and watch the patrols. Two of the landing points are led by bosses, Lieutenant Mahrik and Ensign Jahan (whose AoE damage output can be dangerous if you let the party clump up).
After the landing points are taken your party will be tasked with taking out two Corsair camps in the quarry. Each camp contains 3 Corsair groups of about 3 each. Additionally, each camp will have a single boss: Commander Bahreht at the east camp and Captain Shehnahr at the west camp. Once again, separate the groups and pull them back to your party. After both camps have been taken the mini-mission will end and a timer will count down from 30 seconds and return your party to Sunspear Great Hall.
- 20 Kormir
- 10 Istani Miners (several in the quarry area)
- 10 (24) Corsair Thug
- 17 (25) Corsair Cutthroat
- 11 (24) Corsair Lookout
- 15 (25) Corsair Raider
- 9 (23) Corsair Medic
- 15 (25) Corsair Bosun
- 10 (24) Corsair Flogger
- 10 (24) Corsair Seer
- 11 (24) Corsair Reef Finder
- 16 (?) Corsair Cook
- 10 (24) Corsair Captain
- 9 (23) Corsair Marauder
- 15 (24) Corsair Berserker
Humans (Kournan military)
- 16 (25) Kournan Guard
- 16 (25) Kournan Bowman
- 16 (25) Kournan Priest
- 16 (25) Kournan Oppressor
- 16 (25) Kournan Seer
- 16 (25) Kournan Scribe
- 16 (25) Kournan Phalanx
- 16 (25) Kournan Zealot
- 18 (28) Commander Bahreht → "You're All Alone!"
- 18 (28) Captain Shehnahr → Balthazar's Pendulum
- 18 (28) Midshipman Beraidun → Reaper's Mark
- 18 (28) Lieutenant Mahrik → Crippling Anthem
- 18 (28) Ensign Jahan → Vow of Strength
- Landing Point One
- Landing Point Two
- Landing Point Three
- Landing Point Four
- Quarrymaster Bohanna
- "I have lost a lot of good men between the travesty of Fahranur and various monster queen attacks on the quarry, so I can offer little in the way of assistance. What men I do have are attacking the main corsair camps to the west. With luck, they can keep them busy while you push your forces forward from the east. At least, that's how Kormir explained it to me. She is waiting for you on the Cliffs of Dohjok. Are you ready to defend Champion's Dawn?"
Kormir's welcome dialogue:
- Kormir: "Prepare yourselves! We are all that stand between Istan and destruction!"
During the Corsair and Kournan assault:
- Kormir: "Do you see the armored troops among the corsairs? They are Warmarshal Varesh's Kournan warriors. They did not expect to see such heroes from foreign lands as yourselves."
After the Corsair and Kournan assault:
- Kormir: "Quickly! Make your way to the water's edge and seize the corsair landing points. Slay any corsairs and Kournans you encounter."
After taking the first landing point:
- Kormir: "The three provinces of Elona…Kourna, Istan, and Vabbi…have long known peace and prosperity. The Kournans came to Istan under the banner of friendship."
After taking the second landing point:
- Kormir: "Varesh Ossa's treacherous dealings with the corsairs are the least of her crimes. She has dabbled with dark, inhuman forces and sought forbidden knowledge. One of Varesh's generals unleashed a great evil within the ruins of the First City of Fahranur. I believe she is trafficking with great, malevolent powers. Should she succeed, night will most surely fall upon Elona."
After taking the third landing point:
- Kormir: "Varesh's plans threaten not only Elona, but the entire world. Her actions are causing ruptures to appear across the realms, from which fell creatures emerge."
- <Party leader>: "You mean the demons that invaded our cities and attacked our homelands?"
- Kormir: "Indeed. That is the fate Varesh Ossa has planned for the world. First we must defeat her allies. Then we must take the battle to Kourna."
Approaching the corsair camps:
- Kormir: "All that remain now are the corsair camps. Once we have dealt with these corsairs, we can deal with Varesh herself, in Gandara!"
- Castellan Puuba
- Well done, <character name>! From the sound of it, those corsairs won't be coming back any time soon. Now, if you still wish to help our cause, the Sunspears could certainly use your leadership skills in the assault on Gandara. You would do well by helping Kormir raise troop morale before the coming battle.
- Kormir will not attack an enemy unless a player attacks.
- There are no exits from the zone. Completing the objectives starts a 30 second countdown, after which you will be transported to the Sunspear Great Hall.
- Native characters
- There are five elite skills available for capture during this mini-mission. Since these skills are only normally available later on in the game, new created native-born Elonian characters may find it advantageous to join a foreign-born party intent on completing this quest.
- Foreign characters
- If your foreign-born character has fewer than 1,000 Sunspear rank points when entering the mini-mission, they will automatically receive bounties of double XP and 4 Sunspear points for each Corsair and Kournan killed.
- You also receive 20 points for each boss killed and 50 points for each of the three main objectives (holding off the initial assault, seizing all the landing points, and capturing the war camps). (These bonuses are not documented in the objectives.)
- You can receive a maximum of 566 points by killing all available Corsairs and Kournans. (To maximize your Sunspear rank points, abandon and retake it when you are about to go above the 1,000 point threshold.)