|Level(s)||20, 29 (32), 30 (32)|
Centuries ago, Turai Ossa saved the nation of Elona by defeating the undead lord Palawa Joko. In gratitude, the populace praised him as the warmarshal of Kourna... and the nation accepted him as their king. Since that time, all of Kourna’s warmarshals have been direct descendants of Turai. Varesh Ossa is the latest inheritor of that legacy—and like her ancestor, she has a vision for the future of the nation.
Varesh Ossa is a brilliant commander, a loyal Kournan who instills loyalty and dedication in her troops. Like her ancestor Turai, she has also shown an interest in more spiritual concerns. Elonians see much of Turai’s greatness in Varesh. By using political acumen, her charismatic presence, and the influence of her family legacy, Varesh has rallied the Kournan army, inspiring them as Turai Ossa did long ago. Some loyal Elonians hope that she can unify the nation again, restoring it to the greatness of its past. Others fervently hope that she does not share his madness. History will see how well Varesh succeeds on her own spiritual quest.
Warmarshal Varesh Ossa was the current leader of Kourna and its military. She was trained by Generals Morgahn and Kahyet in military and religious aspects, respectively. In 1075 AE, she, Morgahn, and Kahyet traveled to Istan as delegates. During their time there, Varesh and Kahyet send Kournans to Fahranur to recover a scroll from the Apocrypha before its destruction at the hands of the Order of the Sunspears. Soon it is revealed that Kahyet and Varesh were working with demons to bring about an ancient prophecy and release the fallen god Abaddon from his prison, which she goes about by performing rituals in Gandara, the Moon Fortress, the Sebelkeh Basilica, and the Mouth of Torment. As she goes about this, she is slowly changed by Abaddon's power and eventually becomes a Margonite. She is antagonized by the Order of the Sunspears throughout, and finally killed before finishing her last ritual in the Mouth of Torment. However, she managed to weaken the barrier of The Mists enough to open a giant Vortex which allows the Realm of Torment to start seeping into the human world.
- Consulate (only during the Jokanur Diggings mission ending cutscene)
- Zehlon Reach near the Astralarium (only during The Honorable General)
- Plaza of the Five Gods in Gandara, the Moon Fortress (during the Consulate Docks mission)
- Fort in Dejarin Estate (only during the Kodonur Crossroads mission ending cutscene)
- Fortress of Jahai (only during the Moddok Crevice mission ending cutscene)
- Sebelkeh Basilica (during the cutscene before the Grand Court of Sebelkeh mission)
- Somewhere in The Desolation (during the Jennur's Horde and Nundu Bay missions)
- The Desolation
- Ruins of Morah (as "Prophet Varesh" and "Commander Varesh")
- As Prophet Varesh
- Earth Vortex (monster skill)
- Enchantment Collapse (monster skill)
- Frost Vortex (monster skill)
- Natural Resistance (monster skill)
- As Commander Varesh
- Call of Sacrifice (monster skill)
- Enemies Must Die! (monster skill)
- Natural Resistance (monster skill)
- "I am the Warmarshal of Kourna and I don't take kindly to being disturbed without reason. I don't have time for your foolish problems right now."
|Armor ratings at level 29|
|Armor ratings at level 30|
- You can obtain a miniature of Varesh in the collector's pack of Nightfall.
- As the game progresses, her hair recedes and shows the growth of eye-like ridges under her forehead's skin, similar to Margonite's extra eyes, and her eyes turn purple. Her first appearance in this form is in the Pledge of the Merchant Princes cinematic.
- Although she still appears mostly human as Prophet Varesh, the game marks her as a Margonite.
- The name Varesh is Sanskrit for "superior deity".
- The voice actor for this character is Simbi Khali Williams.