- This article is about a mission. This name is also used for an outpost and a Zaishen mission quest. For the explorable area, see Nightfallen Garden.
|Preceded by||Heart or Mind: Garden in Danger|
|Followed by||Crossing the Desolation|
Koss must be in your party to enter this mission.
All members of party must have completed Heart or Mind: Garden in Danger quest.
Defeat the Harbinger of Nightfall before it summons enough demons to destroy Seborhin.
- Protect the Spirits of Seborhin from the onslaught of torment demons.
- The Light of Seborhin is the only thing that can harm the Harbingers. Drop the Light of Seborhin when you are close enough to an enemy to release its energy.
- Horticulturist Hinon must survive.
- *Bonus* Defeat the additional Harbingers.
- You have defeated [0...2] of 2 additional Harbingers.
|Normal mode||Additional Harbingers defeated||Rewards|
|Hard mode||Additional Harbingers defeated||Rewards|
The goal of this mission is to stop the corruption of the entire Garden by defeating the Harbinger of Nightfall.
There are regular Harbingers and also two types of Margonite groups; stationary groups and groups that spawn every two minutes and patrol towards Horticulturist Hinon - who must survive. The patrol will either go north or south around the large trench in the floor, but they always start in the same place. Any character with a speed boost should be able to lure the patrol back to the party before they run to Hinon.
At the start, Horticulturist Hinon will create a Light of Seborhin (bundle) which is the only tool that can harm the Harbingers and the final boss, the Harbinger of Nightfall. Dropping a Light of Seborhin beside a Harbinger will kill it (granting a morale boost) - and then the Harbinger will be replaced by a Spirit of Seborhin, which will create another Light of Seborhin. Try and keep these Spirits alive since they shorten the distance the player has to run to fetch a Light of Seborhin. (Note that although the Lights of Seborhin are destroyed when they kill a Harbinger, if they are dropped in the wrong place they can be picked up again.)
The easiest tactic to avoid the threat of being overwhelmed by the patrol is to alternate between killing a stationary group and a patrol group of Margonites.
Repeat this same pattern (i.e. Patrol → Stationary → Patrol → Stationary, etc.) until you reach the Harbinger of Nightfall. This end boss will only die after three Lights of Seborhin have been dropped on it. Either have the three needed ready somewhere nearby before engaging, or have three players carry each of them.
The bonus consists of killing the two additional Harbingers and their Margonite company located at the top of the north and south stairs. Ideally, lure some of the foes down the stairs towards where the patrol will cross - so that you can catch the patrol before they escape your party - walking next to the edge of the staircase and then away, is usually enough to pull the Margonites down the stairs. Note that killing only the Harbinger is not enough, and you must kill the entire group of Margonites near the Harbinger to get credit.
- Lightbringer's Gaze/Lightbringer Signet and Lightbringer title active.
- A speed boost to intercept the patrols and transport Lights of Seborhin.
- A minion master to provide a meat shield and prevent Margonite Warlocks creating wells.
- 24 (26) Margonite Executioner
- 24 (26) Margonite Bowmaster
- 24 (26) Margonite Cleric
- 24 (26) Margonite Warlock
- 24 (26) Margonite Seer
- 24 (26) Margonite Sorcerer
- 24 (26) Margonite Ascendant
- 24 (26) Margonite Reaper
Demons (Torment creatures)
- The Horticulturist: "All is lost! We are doomed, I tell you, doomed!"
- Koss: "We're here to help, old man!"
- Melonni: "This place is lost, I fear. We should worry about Ronjok."
- The Horticulturist: "There is no help! There is no hope!"
- The Horticulturist: "The world is ending! Nightfall is at hand!"
- Koss: "Is everything lost, then?"
- The Horticulturist: "No, but the corruption is spreading! Soon it will engulf everything!"
- <Party leader>: "Not if we can stop it."
- Horticulturist Hinon: "Normal attacks are useless against the Harbingers. We must rely on the power of the Light of Seborhin."
- Horticulturist Hinon: "Defend the Seborhin Spirits from those wretched demons! The Spirits can gather the Light of Seborhin into a form we can use to defeat the Harbingers!"
- Koss: "So much of the garden has been corrupted..."
- <Party leader>: "More would have been lost had we not been here."
- Koss: "How is Melonni?"
- <Party leader>: "Better. The visions seem to have passed."
- Koss: "We had to come here. It was a real threat. You have to think things through to realize what's important."
- <Party leader>: "I understand. And I think Melonni understands as well."
- Koss: "Melonni. She's just so...frustrating!"
- <Party leader>: "Agreed. But sometimes you have to think things through to realize what's important. Or who's important."
- Koss: "I suppose you're right. You think we should talk, her and I?"
- <Party leader>: "Yes. And you will, when the time is right."
- Koss: "For my sake, I hope that time is soon."
- (The Desolation)
- Margonite Reaper: "Mistress. Is something wrong?"
- Prophet Varesh: "The Ruptures. They have stopped."
- Margonite Reaper: "It matters not. When you free our lord, the Torment will wash over the world, transforming it."
- Prophet Varesh: "You are right. I can feel Abaddon's presence, like a weight in my mind. It is nearly overwhelming."
- Margonite Reaper: "Abaddon depends on you. Would you hesitate now?"
- Prophet Varesh: "No. No. Abaddon's will be done."
- Margonite Reaper: "It is, Mistress. And your reward is coming, when you loosen the last barriers. Hail Abaddon!"
- Prophet Varesh: "Yes. Hail Abaddon!"
Patrol group composition
The types of Margonites found in the patrol group depends on how many Harbingers have been killed. However, the composition of the teams does not affect the above strategy.
- After completing this mission, your party will be taken to The Kodash Bazaar.
- The Margonite patrols do not drop loot or give experience, possibly to prevent farming exploitation.