|Preceded by||Into Chahbek Village or|
Take the Shortcut (Skip Tutorial)
|Followed by||Primary Training|
Save the village by defeating the corsairs and sinking their ships.
- To start the mission, Nightfall characters must have accepted the reward for Into Chahbek Village or Take the Shortcut (Skip Tutorial). However, they can be ferried into the mission by another character, and will receive full credit for mission completion.
- Koss must be present in the party.
Save Chahbek Village.
- Destroy the corsairs occupying the village.
- Sink the corsair ship on the north side of the village.
- Sink the corsair ship on the south side of the village.
- *BONUS* Keep as many Sunspear Recruits alive as possible.
The reward for this mission depends on how many Sunspear Recruits are still alive at the end. This tutorial's normal mode rewards are substantially less than that of other missions.
|Normal mode||Surviving recruits||Rewards|
|Standard||0 - 1||250 XP||20||1||5|
|Hard mode||Surviving recruits||Rewards|
|Standard||0 - 1||1,000 XP||200||1||50|
Eliminate all of the corsairs attacking the village, including those on the boats on the right and left sides of the map. You are aided in your efforts by the presence of a level 20 Kormir and a handful of Sunspear recruits.
After killing the corsairs near the village's entrance, you have a choice: follow Kormir's advice and sink the two vessels using Istani Fire Oil fired from the catapults or kill the ship-based corsairs using ranged attacks. If you choose the first method, make your way to the fire oil and carry it to one of the catapults: click once to load the weapon and click again to fire it. Each ship you sink will provide a morale boost. Kill the boss next and then clear out the remainder of the corsairs.
- You can speed things up by flagging koss and any henchmen to kill corsairs while you sink the ships.
- The recruits sometimes are slow to engage mobs. If this happens, step closer to the enemy so that foes are within aggro range of the sunspears.
Keep as many of the Sunspear recruits alive as possible. If you confront one group at a time, there is almost no risk to losing any to the corsairs, especially if you sink the ships early.
In hard mode, there are only two risky spots: attacking the boss (who can manage to kill one of the recruits) and confronting the 3-4 mobs of corsairs in the upper right. However, you can easily succeed with any balanced group that can deal some damage and heal the recruits as well as party members. When engaging groups, take out the Corsair Healers first and any of their spellcasters next. Take advantage of the morale boosts you get for sinking the ships and go after the boss before tackling the overlapping groups.
- Bring condition removal skills, since nearly all foes inflict some condition.
- In normal mode, non-boss foes do not use any skills. In hard mode, all foes only use one skill, so you can easily disable them. This makes Wastrel's Demise and Worry effective in both modes.
- None of the foes carry hex spells or hex removal skills.
- 1 (22) Corsair Buccaneer
- 0 (22) Corsair
- 0 (22) Corsair Spotter
- 1 (22) Corsair Healer
- 0 (22) Corsair Mage
- 4 (26) Midshipman Bennis
- Initial dialogue
- Kormir: They've overwhelmed the catapult crews! We must clear a path and retake those catapults to have any hope of sinking those ships!
- Kormir: We have to focus our fire for maximum effect! <Party leader>, I want you to call targets for the others!
- Kormir: Hold the "Ctrl" key when you attack an enemy to call it out!
- After heading slightly west of starting point
- Kormir: There are too many corsair patrols to the north. We'll need to approach the catapults from the south. I'll ping your Compass to indicate the proper direction.
- Koss: How in the name of Balthazar did you do that?
- Kormir: Just left-click on the Compass to ping that spot or click and hold while moving the mouse to draw on it.
- Kormir: We'll need to talk about you knowledge of tactics after the battle, Koss.
- Koss: I...um...yes, Spearmarshal
- Encountering the boss
- Kormir: That corsair over there looks like one of their leaders. You can tell by the glowing aura of power surrounding him.
- [Party Leader]: Defeating him will raise our spirits, giving us a Morale Boost.
- Koss: And a Moral Boost will recharge all of our skills, including Resurrection Signets!
- Going near the Catapult Firing Lever
- Kormir: Blast! We need ammunition to arm these catapults. <Party leader>, Koss! Go find something we can use to destroy these ships. Quickly!
- Koss: We might be able to use barrels of fire oil I saw over by the gate, west of the catapults!
- Kormir: That fire oil is heavy. You won't be able to do much besides carry it. And remember, we need enough to arm both catapults.
- Going near the Istani Fire Oil
- Kormir: Left-click on the barrels of fire oil to pick one up.
- Picking up a bundle
- Kormir: Now take the fire oil back to the catapults. If you need to drop it for any reason, click the Drop Item button.
- Kormir: Arm the catapults by clicking on the firing lever while carrying the fire oil, then click on the lever again to fire the catapult!
- Going near mob in north-west corner
- Kormir: Enemies sometimes patrol the areas around them. When you encounter a large group like this, be patient! Some of the enemies may go out on patrol, leaving the rest vulnerable to attack!
- Koss: Yes! Take that, you corsair dogs! And don't come back!
- Kormir: You've done well.
- Koss: You can count on me! On us, I mean! On both of us!
- <Party leader>: These corsair raids have gotten worse of late.
- Kormir: They have, and it is a matter of concern for the Sunspears.
- Kormir: Continue your training. We shall speak again of this, at the Sunspear Great Hall.
- <Party leader>: Of course.
- Kormir: And always remember: you never fight alone.
- Complete exploration of this area will yield about 0.2% to the Elonian Cartographer title track.
- The boss (Midshipman Bennis) has Natural Resistance, unlike most in Elona. Consider bringing along Wastrel's Worry for damage as often as you can afford to cast it, or Lightning Surge, for an almost-instant knockdown.
- It is possible for a new paragon to acquire Harrier's Toss from the boss (instead of waiting to reach the skill trainer that has the skill for unlocking) if they visit their guild hall first and buy a Signet of Capture.
- After completing this mission, your party will be teleported to Churrhir Fields.
- Prior to the February 21, 2013 update, you could get on a corsair boat by using a teleport skill, which can add up to 0.1% towards the Elonian Cartographer title. If you stayed on the boat while the catapult facing it was fired, you would find yourself unharmed after the explosion, standing on thin air where the deck used to be. The area can still be explored either during the new character tutorial or by using a gate glitch.