|Given by|| First Spear Dehvad |
in Kamadan, Jewel of Istan
|Part of||Battle Preparations|
|Preceded by|| Honing your Skills|
(Elonian characters only)
Train for basic control of Hero companions.
- Report to Tactician Haj once you have a Hero in your party to begin command training.
- Use your Hero to capture area one.
- Use your Hero to capture area two and area three.
- Order your Hero to return to area one.
- See First Spear Dehvad for your reward.
Follow Tactician Haj's directions in using flags to direct the Heroes to each Area when asked. The flags are located at the bottom of the compass. There is a flag for each individual Hero, as well as one for the entire group. By clicking on a flag, and then click on the compass, players can position the hero to this location. Tactician Haj commands the party to take Area One, Two and Three respectively. There are two very easy to dispose of Razorback Skale at Area Two and Three. When each area's "bar" changes from red to blue, the party controls that area. Once all three are captured, Tactician Haj directs the party to return to Area One. Disable the flags by double-clicking the flag button for that Hero or group, or the red icon with the white cross to the right of the hero flags. See First Spear Dehvad in the city for the reward.
Be sure to look for Area signs. Hold downto light up the yellow signs that represent each control area. Alternatively, use the map and look for flags there: a red flag is one of the areas captured by the enemy, a grey flag is an area that is not controlled by anyone, and a blue flag is an area the party is controlling.
Near Area Two, there is an NPC named Wounded Villager who is suffering from an unknown condition. If a hero has a condition removal skill, they will move out of the flag capture area to remove it. However, the hapless NPC's mystery condition is scripted and will be reapplied. This will trigger the hero to repeatedly cure this condition. For the sake of expediency, it may be best to capture Area Two using a hero without any condition removal ability, or simply + click on the hero's condition removal skill to disable it.
The easiest way to complete this mission is the following: Rather than first capturing Area One as instructed, capture the other two areas, then capture Area One. This prevents Razorback Skales from spawning at Area Two and Three as would otherwise occur.
- 2 (22) Razorback Skale (two each at areas two and three)
- First Spear Dehvad
- As a Sunspear you never fight alone. So, to be effective, you must learn to command those fighting with you on the field of battle. There are many new lessons to master. Command training will teach you the techniques you need to know to make tactical decisions during the heat of the battle. We can only provide you with the tools. What you do with them will determine your fate. When you are ready, report to Tactician Haj in Churrhir Fields to commence your training.
- Tactician Haj
- Welcome back to Churrhir Fields, [Character Name]. Let me know when you are ready and I will separate you from your squad so you can learn to issue them commands.
- Tactician Haj: "Arrayed around you are three areas to control. By issuing commands to your squad during this training session, you will capture these various areas under different circumstances."
- Tactician Haj: "You must destroy all enemies surrounding an area to begin capturing it. Moving you or your squad outside the area will halt the capture process."
- Tactician Haj: "To manually move your Heroes, use target flags. Target flags let you select a position in the world for your Heroes. Attached to your compass, you will find up to four flag buttons."
- Tactician Haj: "To place a flag, click on the flag button and then click on the compass or somewhere in the world. Placing a flag causes the Hero to regard that location as "home.""
- Tactician Haj: "Keep in mind that while Heroes are moving to a new location they will not execute any skill commands until after they reach the location set by the flag unless the flag is cancelled or otherwise overridden."
- Tactician Haj: "Now use your squad to capture area one."
On capture of Area One:
- Tactician Haj: Now use your squad to capture areas two and three."
On capture of all areas:
- Tactician Haj: "Very well done! Talk to me if you need any more information about commanding your squad."
- First Spear Dehvad
- Looks like you made out in one piece. If you have any questions about commanding your squad during battle, Tactician Haj will be happy to answer them.