Sunspears in Cantha
|Sunspears in Cantha|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Given by||Imperial Guardsman Linro |
in Kaineng Center
|Followed by||Battle Preparations|
- Guild Wars Nightfall on the account
- Tyrian (Prophecies) or Canthan (Factions) character
- Sunspears in Kryta neither active nor completed
- Speak with Kormir at Bejunkan Pier.
- Defend Kaineng Center from the evil that threatens to destroy it.
- Speak with Kormir at Bejunkan Pier to arrange to travel to Elona.
- See Seamarshal Bendro for your reward.
This quest is an easier way to gain access to Nightfall than Sunspears in Kryta, the equivalent quest from Prophecies: the party size is eight (instead of six); henchmen are level 20 (instead of 10); your other allies will be more durable; and it can be easier to take advantage of the geography to bunch up opponents or avoid them.
After setting up your party, enter Bejunkan Pier and speak to Kormir who will transport you to a mission-instance of Kaineng Center. You will be confronted by Torment Claws and various other Chaos creatures (Grasps of Insanity, Scythes of Chaos, and Wrathful Storms). Your goal is to destroy the four Chaos Rifts (large purple bubbles) without succumbing to the foes.
Each time you stand near one of the rifts, a red progress bar will appear; it takes about 10 seconds to take down the rift and once removed, it cannot reappear. After you have banished the fourth rift, a countdown timer will appear (giving you some time to pick up any drops), after which you will be returned to the pier. Speak to Kormir again to take you to Elona. After a short cinematic, you will transported to the Sun Docks. Speak to Seamarshall Bendro to get credit for the quest.
There is no time limit for the quest so proceed slowly and avoid aggroing too many foes at once: mobs are close together and will easily cause a wipe if you move too quickly. Pull foes away from the Torment Claws so you can confront those individually; if you do get swarmed, focus on the claws first or at least interrupt their Torment Slash. A cautious team of one player and seven henchmen can easily succeed while even a well-balanced party of eight players can fail if they over-aggro.
- Skills that mitigate damage to other allies are helpful, e.g. Shelter.
- Interrupts to prevent the Torment Claws from using their skills.
- Area-wide or party healing.
In Bejunkan Pier.
- 20 (20) Kormir
- Imperial Guardsman Linro
- Greetings, <Character Name>. I have an important message for you. Kormir, spearmarshal of the illustrious Sunspears, has traveled here from the lands of Elona. She has been asking about you and other famous heroes in the area. She is waiting at Bejunkan Pier to speak to you as soon as you are available.
- Ahai, <Character Name>. I am Spearmarshal Kormir, leader of the Sunspears from the lands of Elona. Our Order has been entrusted with defending the three provinces of Elona...Istan, Kourna, and Vabbi...from those who would seek to bring our lands to ruin. An evil has risen in Elona; a darkness we cannot hope to fight alone. I come here now in search of heroes who will help us battle this evil, which surely seeks to devour us all.
- We are ready.
- I speak of Nightfall, a darkness that threatens Elona and will envelop all our lands if it is not stopped. Even now its tendrils stretch out to bring ruin to Kaineng Center! I can sense it! If you are the caliber of hero I seek, prove it by defeating this evil here in your home. Make haste, though. Your own lands are in great peril! Are you prepared to begin the defense of Kaineng Center?
- Yes. (sent to Kaineng Center (Sunspears in Cantha))
- We are not ready yet.
- You have now witnessed the darkness that threatens to destroy us all and triumphed over it. I fear that the leader of the Elonian province of Kourna, Varesh Ossa, is responsible. I ask of you: come to Elona and help the Sunspears defeat her before she brings ruin down upon us all! Finish your important tasks here in Cantha, and return to me when you are ready. I will then arrange travel to Elona so you may help us make a stand against this evil.
- We are ready.
- If you have completed your business here in Cantha and wish to join the Sunspears in the defense of Elona, I have a ship prepared to leave immediately. Are you ready to travel to Elona and battle against the coming darkness?
- We are not ready yet.
- Seamarshal Bendro
- Kormir told me to expect you, <Character Name>. We Sunspears are indeed lucky to have such great heroes volunteer to join our battle against the evil that threatens Elona. There is much that must be done to prepare you for the battle that awaits us. When you're ready, I will direct you on your way.
- This quest unlocks Kamadan, Jewel of Istan (once you have walked through the portal from Sun Docks).
- Do not leave the party immediately after the Chaos Rifts are destroyed; everyone must speak with Kormir a second time in Bejunkan Pier. If anyone is missing, you will not be able to travel to the Sun Docks in Elona.
- You will get credit for completing the quest as long as the countdown timer begins and you wait it out, even if you are defeated.
- Kormir will refer to any character as if they were a Canthan native and has no alternate dialogue.
- See Campaign travel and Ferry for additional information.