Big News, Small Package
|Big News, Small Package|
|Given by||Castellan Puuba |
in Sunspear Great Hall
|Preceded by||Special Delivery|
|Followed by||Following the Trail|
(Click to enlarge)
- Report to Jerek.
- Travel to the Mehtani Keys and investigate Tahlkora's allegations.
- See Jerek for your reward.
Head outside the Sunspear Great Hall to talk to Jerek. Then travel to Kodlonu Hamlet and head out into Mehtani Keys. Tahlkora will follow your party. Simply follow the quest marker (be wary of mandragor popups along the way) to find a Cryptic Scroll Piece and Bag of Kournan Coins. Pick up the scroll piece and report back to Jerek.
You may wish to visit the Treasure Chest on the island to the south of where the clues were found.
- Castellan Puuba
- "Jerek will most likely assign you some menial tasks until Kormir returns. Be careful, though. He may look for opportunities through your actions to discredit Kormir in front of the council. Don't do anything that would start any trouble. Just keep your head down and your nose clean until Kormir gets back. With that in mind, go report for duty, Sunspear."
- Accept: "Don't worry. I'll be careful, for Kormir's sake."
- Decline: "For once, I'd like to do something a little more heroic than deliver messages."
- Ask: "Jerek is out on the Plains of Jarin. Just remember to keep your head down and your nose clean until Kormir gets back."
Plains of Jarin
- Tahlkora: I'm telling you the truth. I've been following General Kahyet around. She's up to no good! She was meeting with Warmarshal Varesh, then she went to the Mehtani Keys and consorted wtih a bunch of grimy corsairs...."
- Jerek: "You're telling me that a Kournan general is making deals with our enemies? That one of Warmarshal Varesh's own is a traitor? These are serious accusations."
- Tahlkora: "Yes, and more than that! She was talking about something called Nightfall, and...."
- Jerek: "Accusing a general is a very dangerous thing, little girl. You'd better be certain about your information, or...."
- Tahlkora: "I...I know what I saw. I found their meeting place with the corsairs...in the Keys! And I'm NOT leaving until you listen to me."
- Jerek: "I can't have some barking dog yapping about General Kahyet. Time to delegate this matter."
- Tahlkora: "I know you'll believe me when I show you! Meet me in Mehtani Keys."
- Jerek: "<Party leader>! Report for duty! I have a PERFECT mission for you."
- You see this little Vabbian girl here, <Character name>? She's been making some wild-eyed accusations about the good Warmarshal's favorite general. We can't have rumors like this spreading, so it's your job to indulge her. Meet her in Mehtani Keys, and keep her busy...and quiet! I don't want any unpleasantness with the Kournans.
- Tahlkora: "I swear they were here! Where did they go? Now you won't believe me either."
- Tahlkora: "Hmm...well, they were going this way. Let's proceed. Maybe we'll find a clue."
After killing the corsairs
- Tahlkora: "Hey look! There's a piece of a map by that pile of Kournan coins! Pick it up!"
- Tahlkora: "It looks like directions! Maybe this will lead us to them. We can ambush them and find out what's going on! That Jerek will have to believe me now! Then we can lead the Sunspears against the bad guys and be heroes!"
- Quite the heroic bunch, defeating a scroll! And you cut it up into tiny pieces! I'm sorry, but a cryptic scroll and a pile of rusty coins are hardly evidence of anything. She claims she can decipher the message? Fine. You pursue this. I'll spare no more Sunspear resources on it. And take her with you. She's under your command now. Tell her she's an honorary Sunspear. Maybe that will keep her quiet.