Following the Trail
|Following the Trail|
|Given by||Jerek |
in Plains of Jarin
|Preceded by||Big News, Small Package|
|Followed by||Blacktide Den|
Route starting from Beknur Harbor
- Explore the Cliffs of Dohjok with Tahlkora.
- Kill the corsair captains to gain more pieces of the Cryptic Scroll.
- You have [1...6] of 6 pieces in your possession.
- Get the last piece of the Cryptic Scroll from Captain Mindhebeh on the Cliffs of Dohjok.
- See Savage Nunbe for your reward.
Enter Cliffs of Dohjok with Tahlkora in your party, the first marking is outside Champion's Dawn. Walk to each marker and kill the corsair bosses there, they will drop a Cryptic Scroll Piece if you do, after you do this 4 times walk to Captain Mindhebeh and he will teleport you to Blacktide Den. There Savage Nunbe will give you the last piece. The bosses spawn with protection but they can be pulled separately.
This quest can be pretty hard due to the bosses, a good strategy is to start from Beknur Harbor or Blacktide Den since that allows you to have a party of 8 instead of 4.
- 10 Corsair Captain
- 10 Corsair Thug
- 11 Corsair Lookout
- 9 Corsair Medic
- 10 Corsair Flogger
- 10 Corsair Seer
- 11 Corsair Reef Finder
- "By the Five, is that Vabbian girl still around? Kormir allows any wet-nosed puppy into the ranks, so I'm going to make her your problem. It looks like that Cryptic Scroll piece you found points in the direction of the Cliffs of Dohjok. If she's going to lead someone out on a wild drake chase it might as well be you. Now get out of here and let me get some real work done."
- Tahlkora: Okay! It looks like these are directions to a meeting place. The captains must be gathering to assemble the Cryptic Map.
- Tahlkora: Great! That means the captains are wandering around aimlessly looking for each other. If we can find them, we can steal their map fragments.
- Tahlkora: It looks like the scroll pieces from some sort of map. I can make our a...swamp...or is that a bog? (after the first captain)
- Tahlkora: One piece more and it's complete. Yes, it's a map, and it shows some location in Lahtenda Bog. (after the fourth captain)
- Captain Mindhebeh
- "You seem to have five parts and I have the sixth. I don't suppose the other captains gave those to you willingly, eh? Hmm. Well, I may be a little more accommodating. What say we strike a bargain? I give you the sixth piece and, in return, you don't kill me."'
- "The bargain is quite simple. My right-hand mate, Savage Nunbe, will give you the last piece of the Cryptic Map, and you let this cowardly corsair live to see another day. Are you ready to make the trade?"
- We are ready. (sent to Following the Trail (cinematics))
- We are not ready yet.
- Savage Nunbe
- "Here's the map piece Captain Mindhebeh promised. He's instructed me to help you decipher the map. You must have really made an impression on him."
- Tahlkora does not need to survive to complete this quest.
- Although your character is the one picking up the map pieces, the text dialogue shows you handing the pieces to Tahlkora.
- Zoning out of the Cliffs of Dohjok before completing the quest causes it to be reset. Although your quest log will show you having collected 1 of the 6 scroll pieces, this is the piece acquired earlier during Big News, Small Package.