Hero skill point
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Like skill points, hero skill points allow the player to purchase skills. Hero skill points can be redeemed by a hero skill trainer much in the same fashion as skill trainers; however, hero skill trainers allow you to purchase skills from potentially any profession and without any gold or skill point cost.
Once a skill is purchased that way, it becomes unlocked for the account and learned by that character.
Hero skill points are the only way to purchase and unlock profession-specific PvE Sunspear skills.
Each character can earn up to 33 hero skill points in Nightfall and 40 in Eye of the North; these can be used in either campaign.
- Two points for each Sunspear rank (the first two ranks earn one point each).
- Two points for each Lightbringer rank (the first rank earns only one point).
- Eye of the North
- One point for each rank earned in the Asura, Deldrimor, Ebon Vanguard, and Norn title tracks.
- Nightfall and Eye of the North
You can also buy a hero skill point from any hero skill trainer for 1 and 1 (character) skill point.
- Trainers only offer this option if a character has no remaining hero skill points.
- Since this is either identical to or more expensive than buying the same skill from a skill trainer, the only reason for using this option is to learn Sunspear PvE skills early in the game.
- The only way to see how many hero skill points you have is to visit a hero skill trainer.
- There is no limit to the number of points that can be purchased.