Building the Base: Prisoners of War
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Building the Base: Prisoners of War|
|Given by|| Dunkoro |
in Command Post
|Part of||The Command Post|
|Followed by||Building the Base: The Interrogation|
(Click to enlarge)
- Required hero: Dunkoro
- Make your way to the intercept point with Dunkoro.
- Split your forces. Attack the Kournan scouts without alerting the others.
- Rescue the prisoners of war.
- See Lonai for your reward.
- Upon completion of this quest, Libeh and all four NPC allies that spawn during this quest will spawn in the Command Post.
- This is a quest mainly to acquaint you with the power of the Command Post.
- Move through the portal to the Sunward Marches in the Command Post, then head north. Few enemies will engage you.
- The guards and the captives are resting when you come upon them. Use your heroes (or do it yourself) to pull the other group of scouts towards the first group, and kill them all. Then kill the guards.
- Alternatively, you can ignore the "Split your forces. Attack the Kournan scouts without alerting the others" objective and attack the entire group of the Kournans at once.
Humans (Kournan military)
- 20 (20) Kournan Scout
- 20 (20) Kournan Bowman
- 20 (20) Kournan Scribe
- 20 (20) Kournan Phalanx
- 20 (20) Kournan Zealot
- "You know what I've said about sticking to the plan? When the situation changes, get a new plan.
- To stand a chance against Varesh's forces, we have to regain our strength. That means rescuing our Sunspear brothers and sisters scattered throughout hostile territory. Nerashi, our scout, has discovered a small company of Kournan guards escorting a band of captured Sunspears. So here's the plan: we ambush these guards before they reach the Sunward Marches and rescue our captured brethren. If we wait, there'll be too many to fight. As it is, we'll be outnumbered, but we are Sunspears. We can handle it.
- So that's the new plan. Hit them fast and hard. Let's get moving!"
- Accept: "I love it when a plan comes together."
- Decline: "I don't think I like this plan."
- Ask: "Just remember...when the time comes, I will give you the advice you need. Now let's get going to the Sunward Marches and rescue those captured Sunspears!"
- Kournan Phalanx: "Give your feet a rest. The captain needs a moment in the shade."
- Kournan Phalanx: "Did you hear that? We're being followed! Move the prisoners to the back and prepare for attack!"
- Kenohir: "Thank the gods...I thought my only means to freedom would be the chopping block."
- Zuwarah: "We were on our way to the safe point when these Kournans found us. We'll meet you at the rendezvous point."
- Shausha: "Let's get out of here before more Kournans arrive!"
- "Well done freeing those Sunspears. You did especially well, <character name>. Keep flexibility in mind the next time you assault a large group, and remember the value of patience, too. Dunkoro always says a little patience goes a long way.
- Our rescued brethren and new allies will help us resupply behind enemy lines, and that means I can make sure you can be rewarded for the risks you took today. Those Sunspears you rescued have set up shop in the Command Post. You can check in with them there any time."
- Can be be completed at the same time as And a Hero Shall Lead Them.
- The "I love it when a plan comes together" quote was used by Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith in The A-Team.