On the world map
A view inside
Carved as a shrine to Melandru in ancient times, this red-rocked vault was once used as cistern by the Kournans to contain the Elon's floodwaters. When that enterprise failed, the sanctuary was walled off and forgotten, inhabited only by things that like to live in the dark. Now it serves as a secret refuge for the Sunspears.
— in-game description
- 20 Perdahn (merchant)
- 20 Turshi (merchant)
- 15 Xunlai Agent (storage upgrades)
- 24 Xunlai Chest (storage)
- (all level 20)
- Devona (Fighter)
- Aidan (Archer)
- Kihm (Healer)
- Mhenlo (Healer)
- Eve (Blood)
- Odurra (Illusion)
- Cynn (Fire)
- Herta (Earth)
- Sogolon (Motivation)
- Gehraz (Holy)
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Sun's Refuge.|
- Compared to other towns, the Sunspear Sanctuary offers very little NPC services. Most of them are only found in the Command Post explorable area outside this town.
- Next to Lonai is what is believed to be a Forgotten pillar normally seen only in the Crystal Desert and the Lair of the Forgotten.
- Just inside the exit to the Marga Coast, there appears to be a resurrection shrine through the portal. Upon using that portal, the shrine seems to have disappeared. (The actual shrine is nearby just outside the encampment outside this entrance to the Sanctuary.)
- Only the mission map is available for this area.
|Towns and outposts in Kourna|
|Sunspear Sanctuary • Camp Hojanu • Dajkah Inlet • Kodonur Crossroads • Moddok Crevice • Nundu Bay • Pogahn Passage • Rilohn Refuge • Venta Cemetery • Wehhan Terraces • Yohlon Haven|
|Missions • Explorable areas • Landmarks|