From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
On the world map
A view inside
A hidden refuge of the Order of the Sunspears in the heart of Kourna. This town is actually underground so only the mission map shows the layout of this location.
Carved as a shrine to Melandru in ancient times, this red-rocked vault was once used as cistern by the Kournans to contain the Elon's floodwaters. When that enterprise failed, the sanctuary was walled off and forgotten, inhabited only by things that like to live in the dark. Now it serves as a secret refuge for the Sunspears.
— in-game description
The primary quest Hunted!, obtained from Sunspear Modiki after completion of the Consulate Docks mission, will eventually end in this location, after the Secure the Refuge mini-mission.
- Command Post (north)
- Marga Coast (south)
- 20 Perdahn (merchant)
- 20 Turshi (merchant)
- 15 Xunlai Agent (storage upgrades)
- 24 Xunlai Chest (storage)
- (all level 20)
- Devona (Fighter)
- Aidan (Archer)
- Kihm (Healer)
- Mhenlo (Healer)
- Eve (Blood)
- Odurra (Illusion)
- Cynn (Fire)
- Herta (Earth)
- Sogolon (Motivation)
- Gehraz (Holy)
- 20 Lonai
- 20 Scout Kahra
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Sun's Refuge.|
- Compared to other towns, the Sunspear Sanctuary offers very little NPC services. Most of them are only found in the Command Post explorable area outside this town.
- Next to Lonai is what is believed to be a Forgotten pillar normally seen only in the Crystal Desert and the Lair of the Forgotten.
- Just inside the exit to the Marga Coast, there appears to be a resurrection shrine through the portal. Upon using that portal, the shrine seems to have disappeared. (The actual shrine is nearby just outside the encampment outside this entrance to the Sanctuary.)
- Only the mission map is available for this area.
|Towns and outposts in Kourna|
|Sunspear Sanctuary • Camp Hojanu • Dajkah Inlet • Kodonur Crossroads • Moddok Crevice • Nundu Bay • Pogahn Passage • Rilohn Refuge • Venta Cemetery • Wehhan Terraces • Yohlon Haven|
|Missions • Explorable areas • Landmarks|