The Great Escape
|The Great Escape|
|Given by|| Lonai |
in Sunspear Sanctuary
|Followed by|| And a Hero Shall Lead Them|
A Fool's Luck
Capturing the Signet of Capture
Drake in a Cage
The Foolhardy Father
(Click to enlarge)
- Get the location of Koss and the captured Sunspears from Nerashi in Arkjok Ward.
- Rescue Koss and the captured Sunspears.
- Eliminate the Kournan scout patrols around the perimeter of the garrison.
- Kill Commander Kubeh and his elite guards.
- See Lonai for your reward.
- Acolyte of Grenth and Captain Chichor will not spawn in Arkjok Ward while this quest is active.
- Koss will spawn in Command Post after killing Commander Kubeh.
Talk to Nerashi just outside the Command Post in Arkjok Ward. Follow her directions to the garrison where Koss is being held. You need to eliminate 3 groups of Kournans outside of the garrison, the doors will then open. Once inside you need to kill the group with Commander Kubeh. Talk to Koss then and head back to Lonai to get the reward.
- "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Nerashi found Koss! Unfortunately...he's been taken prisoner by the Kournans. We need to get him back. He had made a deal with a friendly corsair captain, Margrid the Sly, and we need her ship to get our wounded back to Istan. That means we need Koss. Go meet Nerashi in Arkjok Ward and devise a plan for breaking Koss out."
- "Koss and several others are being held in the garrison to the east. Their captor is an arrogant Kournan commander named Kubeh. I am sure if you take out Kubeh's signal scout patrols you'll be able to lure him from his lair to deal with him face-to-face. Follow my directions and you should be able to take them out without alerting the others."
After the scout patrol furthest north of Commander Kubeh is eliminated:
- Commander Kubeh
- "What's that? A signal scout group just went down! If they weren't dead, I'd kill them myself!"
After the scout patrol north of Commander Kubeh is eliminated:
- Commander Kubeh
- "It has to be those Istani! We need to get a fix on their location if we want to bombard them!"
After the scout patrol nearest north of Commander Kubeh is eliminated:
- Commander Kubeh
- "This is nothing. Let them face me directly."
- "Took you long enough. I was getting tired of that Kubeh fellow...about near chewed through my shackles so I could shut him up myself! Things definitely went south at Gandara, didn't they?
- So, you've found a place to hole up while I was the guest of the Kournans? Good, good. We're going to see what supplies we can find in this garrison and then pay my corsair friend a visit. I'll meet you back at the command post."
- "Nice work rescuing Koss and the other Sunspears. Koss checked with Margrid and she'll have her boat ready for us, but while I was there I heard news of more Sunspear evacuees. We have to rescue them! Talk to me when you're ready to proceed."
- It is not actually necessary to talk to Nerashi, you can go straight to Koss (and from a closer outpost, as well), and free him.
- Koss is level 2 and has no skills in this quest.
- Once freed, Koss will start dancing and the Sunspear Refugees will do the cheer emote.
- After receiving the reward for this quest, Koss will become available again.
- Exiting the east gate after talking to Koss leads to another small group of Kournans and the entrance to Pogahn Passage. You can take this opportunity to unlock this outpost.
- There is a film with the same name as this quest, where the main characters are held in a PoW camp and plan to escape throughout the film.