A Fool's Luck
From Guild Wars Wiki
|A Fool's Luck|
|Given by|| Koss |
in Command Post
|Preceded by||The Great Escape|
(Click to enlarge)
- Required hero: Koss
- Visit Ruthless Sevad to collect Koss's winnings.
- Find Jerob No-Spine on the Barbarous Shore and inquire about his debt to Ruthless Sevad.
- Seek Ruthless Sevad's loot keeper and slay it to free the treasure.
- Give Ruthless Sevad 5 Tarnished Platinum Coins.
- See Lonai for your reward.
- 22 (26) Sevad's Keeper
- "Great news! I bested Megundeh, the rune trader, in a game of cards and won this debt collection ticket from him. He says it's worth five platinum!
- We must go to the Barbarous Shore and find Ruthless Sevad. He's the corsair with the debt. I can't wait... This sure is my lucky day!"
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Ruthless Sevad)
- "A debt collection ticket? Interesting. Let's just open it up and see what's inside, shall we?
- It says here you've agreed to pay off Megundeh's debt to me. Did he mention how much he owes? It's a sizable sum. The man doesn't know when to quit when he's behind, and he never, ever, manages to get ahead....
- You've clearly bitten off more than you can chew. I'm feeling extremely generous today, so I'll give you a choice. You can pay the five platinum he owes me or you can work it off. The task is simple, but not one I care to perform personally. I want you to collect another debt. Wring the cash out of Jerob No-Spine and I'll consider Megundeh's debt paid in full. What's it to be?"
- Option 1: "Thief! Here's your five platinum... and not a gold piece more."
- Option 2: "You want five platinum? Outrageous! I'll collect the other debt."
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (Jerob No-Spine)
- "Sevad sent you? Is he here? ... Look, I told him. I need more time. I'll get the money. I swear. It's just a matter of... please don't hurt me! I know the location of a rich, old corsair's loot. But it's protected by a beast he's tamed. My mum's been sick and I've got to tend her every need, bless her heart, so I haven't had time to... don't draw that weapon! I'm thinking, since you're not going to hurt me, right...right? I'm thinking you could collect that loot for me. Here, I'll mark the spot on your map. Then you can take care of it for us both."
Intermediate Dialogue 3 (Ruthless Sevad)
- "Megundeh's debt is paid. Looks like things worked themselves out. For me at least..."
- "Excellent work there, my friend. That was quite an embarrassing situation, but I knew I could count on you!"
- This is a fairly interesting quest, since the point at which players receive it, they are unlikely to have ventured very far east, so following this quest can provide a great opportunity for exploration.
- Potentially there are two routes to take from the Command Post:
- Although Koss says he won the debt collection ticket from Megundeh, you can accept the quest before getting him as a rune trader for the command post.