|Given by||Lonai |
in Sunspear Sanctuary
|Preceded by||To Vabbi!|
|Followed by||Kodonur Crossroads|
(Click to enlarge)
Through this quest you obtain Zhed Shadowhoof.
- Speak with the Centaur in the Command Post at the Sunspear Sanctuary.
- Journey to the Jahai Bluffs and meet with Zhed Shadowhoof and his informant.
- Talk to the Master of Whispers.
- Make your way toward Kodonur Crossroads and speak to Haroj Firemane.
- See Estate Guard Rikesh for your reward.
Zhed needs to stay alive, and he is very squishy. If he dies while you are traveling to Kodonur, the quest log will be updated with the message that the quest failed. You will need to map travel to an outpost and re-enter the area to trigger the quest again.
Two suggestions to handle this issue -
- Work backwards starting from Kodonur Crossroads; once you clear the road to Zhed you can walk back without fighting
- Use the peasant fort and bodyblock Zhed in there until you have killed the Mandragor boss, then go back and get him. If you are having issues bodyblocking him, bring a few pets.
Remember to allow dialogue between the centaurs; talk to Haroj before entering the town.
- "You won't believe this! While you were gone a Centaur somehow infiltrated the Command Post. He hasn't threatened anyone yet, but I'm worried he might. He is pretty angry and doesn't seem to like humans. He refuses to talk with anyone but you. You'd better see what he wants before he gets violent."
Intermediate dialogue 1
- "I need to speak with you, two-legs! I am Zhed Shadowhoof of the Veldrunner, the last free Centaur pride in Elona. Our leader, Mirza Veldrunner, has been captured and is enslaved at the Kournan work camp in Dejarin Estate.
- I have heard of your struggle against Varesh Ossa. If you are truly sincere in your motives, I ask...no, demand...that you and a contingent of your finest accompany me on a rescue mission to free our leader. Otherwise, I will go alone, and if captured I will be forced to disclose your location.
- Gather your party and go to the Jahai Bluffs. I will be there with an informant who will escort us past the guards at the Kodonur Crossroads. Fight alongside us, or the Kournan dogs will learn of your hideout. Which outcome do you prefer, two-legs?"
Intermediate dialogue 2
Master of Whispers
- "Zhed and I have shared interests. He needs to free his noble Centaur leader and I need a certain overbearing overseer taken care of.
- Zhed has an ally outside Kodonur Crossroads. Together, they've come up with a plan to deceive the Kournans. Follow their instructions.
- I wish you luck if that is something you believe in."
Intermediate dialogue 3
- Master of Whispers: "Zhed, it is time we commenced. Here is the layout of the estate."
- Master of Whispers: "Join these humans. You will need to work together."
- Zhed Shadowhoof: "Hmmph. Why? They are two-legged. Weak. Inferior."
- Master of Whispers: "It is the only way you will have my help. It is up to you, Zhed."
- Zhed Shadowhoof: "Fine. We will see how much of a mistake this is, two-legs, when all is said and done."
- Master of Whispers: "Now continue on like we discussed. I will contact you both later."
Intermediate dialogue 4
- "Ah, so you are the ones I was to wait for."
- We are here with Zhed.
- "Excellent! Zhed has a brilliant plan to free our brothers. Wait until you hear it!"
- We are ready. (sent to Centaur Blackmail (cinematic))
- We are not ready yet.
Estate Guard Rikesh
- "This is the entrance to the Kournan work camp. If you don't have business here, move along. And take that Centaur with you."