Mysterious Message (Nightfall quest)
- This article is about the Nightfall quest. For other uses, see Mysterious Message.
|Given by||Lonai |
in Sunspear Sanctuary
|Preceded by||Kodonur Crossroads|
|Followed by||For a Price|
or Secrets in the Shadow
(Click to enlarge)
- Travel to the rendezvous point on the Jahai Bluffs to discover the origin of the mysterious message.
- See Whispers Adept for your reward.
To obtain this quest talk to Lonai. Then go out to Jahai Bluffs and speak to the Whispers Adept for the reward. Margrid the Sly and the Master of Whispers will each offer a quest. These two quests are mutually exclusive, meaning you can choose only one of them. You now have to decide if you prefer Margrid or the Master of Whispers as a hero until you complete the campaign.
- "So you freed the Centaurs? I hope you didn't suffer any injuries. Whenever you leave, something unexpected happens. A djinn showed up and delivered this cryptic message for you. It mentions a passage to Vabbi and contains the location of a rendezvous point. Nerashi looked at it and said it points to the Jahai Bluffs, near a monument dedicated to Palawa Joko's defeat. Do be careful."
- Master of Whispers: "They are in great danger."
- Margrid: "That's not news. Everyone's in great danger, these days."
- Master of Whispers: "Especially you, it seems."
- Margrid: "With great danger comes great profit."
- Master of Whispers: "You play a dangerous game, corsair."
- Margrid: "And you don't, hunter?"
- Master of Whispers: "I realize that the stakes here are higher than mere money."
- Margrid: "What could be more important than money?"
- Master of Whispers: "Your soul, child."
- Master of Whispers: "They will need our help, soon."
- Margrid: "Fine by me. As long as they are able to pay."
- Master of Whispers: "I fear that they will pay most dearly."
- Master of Whispers: "Heroes, there are yet more secrets in the shadow."
- Master of Whispers: "Through my contacts among the corsairs, I have found a passage around the Fortress of Jahai that will take you to Vabbi. However, it is guarded by a demonic creature that must be destroyed."
- Margrid: "But I have other news. My corsair contact tells me that your Spearmarshal, Kormir, is not dead. She is alive and imprisoned on an island fortress adjacent to Gandara."
- Master of Whispers: "You have two great opportunities, but there is not enough time for you to do both. At this very moment, the great demon known as the Drought gains power at the Waterworks to the north. Soon it will be too powerful to stop. And even as we speak, Kormir's captors plan for her demise."
- Master of Whispers: "Either journey with me to open the only passage to Vabbi or go with my corsair contact to rescue your friend. I believe you know her...Margrid the Sly."
- "The Master has spoken, and it is time to make a choice."
- After accepting the quest reward for this quest, both Master of Whispers and Margrid will offer their follow-up quest. Do note that these quests are mutually exclusive and accepting one will cancel the other. Player characters who accept the quests leading to obtaining one hero will not be able to participate in another PC's mission (although they will be able to participate in the quests) to obtain the other hero until their own mission is complete. Each of their branches eventually lead to your character unlocking the hero you selected.
- When multiple players are in the party, once a player accepts one of the follow-up quests, the quest exclamation mark will no longer show above that corresponding hero's head. This is just a graphical issue; that hero will still offer their quest to players who have not selected. All players in the party can make their own choice about which quest to take.