Margrid the Sly
|Margrid the Sly|
A native of Freeman's Cove, Margrid was born a sailor. She took her first steps on the rolling deck of a sailing ship, and she proudly claims to have sea water in her veins. She's not just a corsair—she's the descendant of generations of corsairs, a woman who knows no other way of life. Life on land seems strange, predictable, and dull by comparison. People on land have vastly different ideas about morality and business, but for her, the Code of the Corsair is as immutable as the laws of nature. Land-dwellers sometimes regard her as a little shady, overly cynical, and blatantly self-interested, but those qualities are essential to anyone who survives in a world troubled by pirates and thieves. She's learned to roll with the punches, coping with everything life throws at her. Anyone who travels with Margrid should be ready for an exciting, dangerous journey. If Margrid has anything to say about it, the venture will be eminently profitable as well.
- Realm of Torment
- R indicates that Margrid the Sly must be in the party
- R indicates that Margrid the Sly must be in the party
Quests involved in:
Complete the primary quest No Me, No Kormir, which is the follow-up quest to For a Price. For a Price is offered right after completion of the Mysterious Message quest, together with a mutually exclusive primary quest Secrets in the Shadow. The latter quest leads to the recruitment of the Master of Whispers. As such, completing Secrets in the Shadow will prevent the recruitment of Margrid until after the completion of the Nightfall campaign where you can receive the quest Gain Margrid to recruit her.
Margrid starts out with Corsair Armor, with a Corsair Mask for a headgear. Her armor is similar to standard ranger armor, with the armor rating of 64 to 70, depending on her level.
The appearance of her armor can be upgraded to Ancient armor using Ancient Armor Remnants acquired from the Remains of Sahlahja Challenge Mission. The appearance of her armor can be upgraded to Primeval armor using Primeval Armor Remnants acquired in the Domain of Anguish and during the Ebony Citadel of Mallyx mission.
See Margrid the Sly's armor gallery.
- "A corsair's life is simple: sea, ship, and silver, or in this case...cold Istani coin. Pay well, and you'll have my loyalty and my bow. Get stingy with me and you'll regret it for the rest of a very short life."
Throne of Secrets:
- "You beat Abaddon...and ruined a 50-gold wager. Best bet I ever lost."
Quotes in the context of the Nightfall storyline:
- "I know how to get through to Kormir. You want to help your friend? Turn my palm to gold and we'll get her out."
- "There are three warrants for my arrest in Vabbi. Never you mind, you'll not be turning me in for bounty."
- "A rich party sponsored by the Temple of Pleasure...are you sure you don't want me to go with you to the Garden of Seborhin? I'm sure, between the two of us, we could find a way to turn a coin or three."
- "Don't count on those princes. I've already got an offer from one of them. Three platinum to take him out of the country. Had to turn it down, because there's nowhere to go."
- "What? Didn't kill anyone? No prisoners? You'd never make it as a corsair!"
- "Hidden City of Ahdashim? A great name for a place filled with gold. I'm in."
- "Talking to Goren's like a conversation with a mule. He's sweet, but oh so dumb."
- "These princes send us back and forth more than a mainsail in heavy wind. I hope it's something good this time... and by "good" I mean "expensive"."
- "Varesh is scuttling the whole thing now. She and those Margonites are going to destroy us all, come high tide or low moon. We can't have that, can we?"
- "Home, again, home again, jiggetty-jig. Stop by the old digs, see if a boat's sailing out...ah, maybe not. I'd hate to miss all the reward when we save this lousy land."
- Sunspear Sanctuary? I had a lot of good sailors on my crew fought your Sunspears near that town. This one's on me. I figure I owe you."
- "I don't mind dealing with Centaurs. They're brutal, uncouth, crude, and downright mean. My kind of people."
- "Nightmares don't bother me. What could they frighten me with, when I'm already trapped and tormented to be so far from the ocean's waves?"
- "I hear those Margonites were rich merchants when Abaddon was still around. Something's got to be left of those times."
- "If the only way home is through these Margonites, then they'd better get out of my way, or die trying!"
- "Curse you, hero, for leading me through this mess in the first place. I'll stand by you because you're my last, best hope for finding freedom once more."
- "These Margonites don't know how stubborn we are, do they? If they [sic] did, they would't [sic] keep coming at you like that... and dying in droves!"
- "You've opened your eyes now, haven't you, mate? Seen the world, watched Nightfall come. None of us will ever be the same again."
- "Those Margonites have the breath of it now, they do. Running in fear. They know what's ahead for them...empty seas and dead, still air."
- "I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Good luck to us all."
- Nightfall campaign completed:
- "Margrid God-killer. Now that pirate name will become legend!"
- "All hands, ahoy!"
- "First dibs on the treasure!"
- "Get the little one first!"
- "Give it up, bilge rat! You're no match for me!"
- "Ha! Sharper than you thought!"
- "I will send your soul to Grenth on a platter!"
- "I'd tell you to duck, but you seem to have that part covered."
- "I'll finish him for you!"
- "I'll see you sunk to the bottom of the ocean!"
- "Not in this lifetime, you dogs!"
- "Sorry, boys. Your side paid less."
- "Swing the lead, lad!"
- "You move like you're tethered to an anchor. Allow me to cut your chains!"
- "You're breakin' my heart!"
- "You're too slow, you lubbers!"
- "Your side paid less!"
- A duplicate Margrid will show up as a "Corsair Ranger".
- Margrid's default weapon is a customized blue Wooden Longbow with 14-25 piercing damage, an attribute requirement of 8 Marksmanship and Damage +10% while Health is above 50%.
- Shahai the Cunning is her sister that she saves from Gandara.
- As with all heroes, this one has a tonic form.
- The voice actor for this character is Julianne Buescher.