Greed and Regret
|Greed and Regret|
|Given by||Head Priest Vahmani |
in Grand Court of Sebelkeh.
|Required hero||Margrid the Sly|
|Preceded by||Warning Kehanni|
|Followed by||Dasha Vestibule|
(Click to enlarge)
- Search the Halls of Chokhin with Margrid. Look for information on the Hidden City.
- Pick up and examine the "Duality of Lyssa."
- Defeat the library defenses.
- Talk to Goren.
- Find Goren in the Mirror of Lyss.
- Do the magic dance to gain entrance to the Hidden City of Ahdashim. (Use the /dance emote near the spot marked by Goren.)
- Speak to the Lock of Ahdashim.
- See Lock of Ahdashim for your reward.
Start from the Grand Court of Sebelkeh outpost, and head north west through Mihanu Township into the Holdings of Chokhin. Once there, follow the quest pointer to "explore" for clues, then head into the Halls of Chokhin to pick up and examine the Duality of Lyssa.
Clicking on the Duality will spawn the library defenses in the form of several Djinn, of which the fire elementalist Ruby Djinn are probably the most dangerous and should be defeated first. Since the djinn only spawn when the Duality is examined, your party can setup or prepare skills first. After defeating the library defenses, Goren will direct you to meet him in the Mirror of Lyss explorable zone. Although the conversation between Margrid and Goren is triggered by picking up the book and will suggest the party proceed immediately to the Mirror of Lyss, the player must talk to Goren to update the quest after the conversation and prior to leaving Holdings of Chokhin.
On meeting Goren, perform a magic dance (use the /dance emote) to summon the Lock of Ahdashim and open the way into the Dasha Vestibule outpost to collect your reward.
- 20 Goren
- Head Priest Vahmani
- "As they did during Palawa Joko's reign, the princes have fled to the Hidden City of Ahdashim. This time, however, Varesh will merely storm the vault and slaughter them. Someone must free them before it is too late. Few people know its location and even fewer know how to gain access through the secret entrance. Without a prince or one of their personal guards, it would take a greedy thief with time and motivation to breach it. That corsair friend of yours should be of some use. Take her with you and search the Halls of Chokhin for clues on the whereabouts of the Hidden City."
- Margrid the Sly: "Hmmm... Do you see anything about Ahdashim? We have to keep looking."
- Margrid the Sly: "That's the "Duality of Lyssa." It's priceless!"
- Goren: "Hi, lady."
- Margrid the Sly: "What? Oh, it's you! I'm no lady. I mean, I am but...oh never mind. The name's Margrid."
- Goren: "You shouldn't touch that book, lady Margrid. The library's defenses came alive once the princes fled."
- Margrid the Sly: "Nonsense...we have to check the "Duality" for clues on the Hidden City."
- After defeating the library defenses
- Margrid the Sly: "That was easy enough."
- Margrid the Sly: "It must be rewarding to work for a prince."
- Goren: "Not really. He yells a lot. And his breath stinks of pungent spices."
- Margrid the Sly: "Sounds bad."
- Goren: "Yeah, but golden shackles are still golden."
- Margrid the Sly: "They're also still shackles."
- Goren: "Want me to show you how to get into the Hidden City of Ahdashim, lady Margrid?"
- Margrid the Sly: "It's just Margrid, and sure. It beats reading these crusty scrolls for hours."
- Goren: "Okay, Find me in the Mirror of Lyss. I will show you the hidden entrance."
- "Prince Bokka ordered me to warn his fellow princes. He didn't tell me what to do if I couldn't find him, so I decided to kill demons until I get a better idea. Prince Bokka said something about fleeing to the Hidden City. I will help you get in. I need to find him to ask him what I should do next. Meet me in the Mirror of Lyss."
- Meeting Goren in the Mirror of Lyss
- Goren: "So all you have to do is dance...like this...and the door will materialize."
- Margrid the Sly: "Dance!?!?"
- Goren: "Yeah, just dance like you would in town or when the mood strikes you. You know.../dance!"
- Lock of Ahdashim: "Ahai. You move with the grace of a headless chicken. Nonetheless...welcome. I am the Lock of Ahdashim."
- Lock of Ahdashim
You have called upon the Lock of Ahdashim. Speak properly and you may pass.
- Goren! Come here and talk to this thing!
- Does the slow, brutish one wish to speak most properly? If he fails, you will be destroyed. Do make sure you are prepared.
- We are ready. (sent to Greed and Regret (cinematics))
- We are not ready yet.
- A transcript of the dialogue can be found at: Greed and Regret (cinematics)
- Lock of Ahdashim
- "Welcome to the Hidden City Of Ahdashim. Watch your step."
- The quest pointer will not be present if you do not have the hero Margrid the Sly present in your party.
- The Vabbian Scout just outside Mihanu Township gives a plant hunt blessing, which is quite useful since the route to the first objective is patrolled by several plant creatures.
- In Halls of Chokhin, you can also take a quest Botanical Research from Librarian Kahnu just near the Duality of Lyssa.
- When going to meet Goren to have the secret entrance revealed, Honur Hill is the closest outpost to proceed from, which you will almost certainly have passed through earlier during the All's Well That Ends Well primary quest.