|Given by|| Librarian Kahnu |
in Holdings of Chokhin
- Talk to Horticulturist Hinon and find the whereabouts of the mehkuunah plant.
- Bring back a sample of the mehkuunah plant to Librarian Kahnu for analysis.
- See Librarian Kahnu for your reward.
Start out from Tihark Orchard and head out of the west exit to speak to Seborhin Protector Zuor to gain entry to the Garden of Seborhin. Tahlkora must be in your party to explore this area before conversion to Nightfallen Garden.
Although the plant sample is a short walk due north from the entry point to the Garden, the party will have to go and speak to Hinon first in the central ampitheatre. Be aware that there is a mob of djinn and roaring ethers nearby, and on approaching the plant, rain beetles and behemoth gravebanes will spawn.
- 24 (26) Behemoth Gravebane
- 24 (26) Rain Beetle
- "Oh, ahai there. You caught me in the middle of my research. I made a recent discovery about a rather hardy desert flower that has far-reaching medicinal benefits. I can extract matter from its buds to treat night blindness, appetite loss, and depression with only mild hallucinogenic side effects. My problem? I'm having difficulty procuring more samples."
- "I hear the Garden of Seborhin has a number of these rare mehkuunah plants. Speak to Horticulturist Hinon and see if you can find me more specimens. I'll pay you for your time."
- Accept: "A little fresh air and exercise will do me good. I'll get you your plant, Kahnu."
- Decline: "I'm allergic to the mehkuunah. Break out in horrible hives, you see..."
- Ask: "Did you find me a sample of the mehkuunah plant? I need it to continue my research. Speak with Horticulturist Hinon. Be quick about it!"
- "That old herbalist Kahnu needs a sample from the mehkuunah plant? Does he have any idea how toxic that stuff is? Well, all in the name of science, I suppose. Bear in mind the scent the plant gives off attracts cobalt beasts like you wouldn't believe! Check to the southern area of the gardens, but keep your guard up. And do yourself a favor and don't eat the plant unless you like the sting of fire in your belly."
Mehkuunah Plant Sample
- "Mehkuunah Plant Sample acquired."
- "Excellent! You found it! What's this...dried red substance on the leaves? Never mind. Forget I asked. Hand it over and I can get on with my research."
- "I've already gotten several solicitations from some interesting merchants about mass producing my medicine. They tell me it'll be a popular study aid at the university.... Oh, before I forget, here's your reward."
- If this is first time exploring the area, then Hinon may also have 2 additional quests to give: Plague of Frogs and Which Way Did He Go?, which can easily be completed at the same time as this quest.
- Also, you cannot use the Horticulturist Hinon who spawns during the Tihark Orchard mission. You must find your way to the one in the Garden of Sebhorin explorable area.
- If you have completed the Grand Court of Sebelkeh mission, you will not be able to complete this quest until you complete Abaddon's Gate, as Garden of Seborhin will be replaced with Nightfallen Garden.
- Hinon in the dialogue refers to Kahnu as "old herbalist" and "he", however, Librarian Kahnu is a young female.