War Preparations (Wind and Water)
|War Preparations (Wind and Water)|
|Given by||Castellan Puuba |
in Sunspear Great Hall
|Preceded by||Trial by Fire|
|Followed by||The Time is Nigh|
(Click to enlarge)
The winds leading to Gandara seem a bit on the weak side, so you must go and appeal to Dwayna for strong winds and safe passage.
- Speak with Captain Bolduhr.
- Defend the sailors as they complete the ceremony.
- Receive the blessings of the wind and water.
- See Castellan Puuba for your reward.
- 1,500 Experience
- 125 Gold
- 15 Sunspear Promotion Points
When you enter Mehtani Keys, there will be a group of sailors standing in front of a shrine-like structure on the first small island southeast of the exit into Kodlonu Hamlet. When you approach them, they will join your party as allies and begin their ritual. Soon, three Water Djinn will spawn and attack. Defend the sailors from harm. The second wave and third wave consists of three and five Djinn respectively. It is not difficult at all to keep the sailors alive. Once the three waves have been defeated, Kinya Kela will appear to hand you the Blessing of Wind and Water. Consider clearing out the nearby Skale before triggering the quest, as the skale may attack the sailors and make it more difficult to defend them. Return to Castellan Puuba for your reward.
- 15 Kinya Kela
- 15 Sailor (five stationary and summoning)
- 15 (25) Water Djinn
- Castellan Puuba
- "We need to stir the winds before our journey. Captain Bolduhr has hired a bunch of local sailors, but before they embark they must perform a ritual of the winds to Dwayna, the goddess of light and air. Otherwise, the passage to Kourna will be a slow and difficult one, if nigh impossible. He is waiting for you in Kodlonu Hamlet. Return with blessings...or don't return at all."
- Accept: "If it is wind you need, it is wind I will bring."
- Decline: "You want me to 'wake' the wind? That's just crazy talk."
- Ask: "Our ships will be unable to cross the channel without Dwayna's blessings of wind and water. Captain Bolduhr is waiting for you in Kodlonu Hamlet."
- Captain Bolduhr
- "The winds are weak this time of year, so we'll need divine assistance if we're to cross the channel in time. We must seek Dwayna's intervention to summon the winds and currents to spirit us to the port of Gandara. My sailors are already preparing for the ceremony in the Mehtani Keys. They will need your protection to complete the ritual."
- Kinya Kela
- "May the tides carry you safely, and may the winds fill your sails. The blessings of wind and water are yours."
- Castellan Puuba
- "Bolduhr walks with Dwayna...his love of the seas is wide and deep. I only hope Kormir can negotiate for the additional landing craft, or all will be for naught."
- If you keep the quest active, the groups of Water Djinns can be farmed for Piles of Glittering Dust and Water Djinn Essences.
- Set upon the top of the structure is an inactive (broken) statue of Dwayna.