Building the Base: The Meeting
|Building the Base: The Meeting|
|Given by|| Dunkoro |
in Command Post
|Part of||The Command Post|
|Preceded by||Building the Base: The Interrogation|
(Click to enlarge)
More Kournans wish to join the fight against Varesh. Seek them out and enlist their aid.
- Meet with Kerendu and his sons to discuss how they might assist the Sunspears.
- Destroy the Kournan scout unit before it reports your meeting with Kerendu.
- Lead Kerendu to safety at the Sunspear Sanctuary.
- See Lonai for your reward.
Meet up with Kerendu in Sunward Marches. After some dialogue, Kournan soldiers will approach and attack. After defeating them, lead Kerendu to the Command Post entrance. Although there will be few enemies en route, Kerendu and his two sons will not fight.
- If we're to have a chance against Varesh and her troops, we'll need to win over the Kournan commoners. Luck is on our side, it seems; an old scholar approached Nerashi in an attempt to establish contact with us. This scholar, Kerendu, is a well respected man among the Kournans. He believes we share a common enemy in Varesh. He and his two sons have arranged a meeting in the Sunward Marches to discuss his stance. If we can convince Kerendu and his sons to join us, it should increase our support in Kourna. It is crucial that you rendezvous with Kerendu as quickly as possible. Can you do it?
At meeting place
- So you're with the Sunspears responsible for all this disruption around Kourna lately? My name is Kerendu and I assure you the pleasure is all mine. Warmarshal Varesh, if left to her own devices, will be the end of us all. Anyone who can get her as wound up as you have is a friend in my book.
- Our history is rife with tyrants who, in the name of a cause they believe in, deliver pain and suffering to the people. I see these same patterns in our "beloved" warmarshal. I cannot stand idle and watch as our people are fed to the belly of the beast. My sons, Mubata and Sinbi, and I have come to pledge our service to you.
- Kournan Phalanx: "Is that the smell of rotten spies on the loose? Quickly! Over there!"
- Kournan Phalanx: "The only good spy is a dead spy, Bayel always says. Let's bring him their corpses as a gift!"
- Kerendu: "Be careful, Sinbi. You're no Warrior!"
- Sinbi: "Did you see that? I told you I could fight!"
- Mubata: "I saw you almost get yourself killed. You should let others here do the fighting, Sinbi."
- Sinbi: "I won't hide behind a book like you, Mubata!"
- Kerendu: "Enough! Both of you! We need to leave before more troops discover us."
At Command Post entrance
- "Thank you, friend, for giving us this opportunity to strike at the Warmarshal. I promise you it is a decision you will not regret."
- Kerendu and his sons will most certainly prove to be vital allies. If we stick to a solid plan, I believe we may yet succeed in resisting Varesh. Once word spreads that Kerendu is with us, we'll have many who are sympathetic to our cause out in the countryside. The family has taken refuge in the Command Post. If you need anything from them, you can speak to them there.