Coffer of Joko
|Coffer of Joko|
|Given by|| Belgun the Quarry Master |
in Vehjin Mines
|Required hero||Master of Whispers|
|Preceded by||To the Rescue|
|Followed by||Puzzling Parchment|
(Click to enlarge)
- Required hero: Master of Whispers
- Locate the ancient coffer of Palawa Joko.
- Eliminate all hostiles and secure the coffer.
- Obtain the Scriptures of Abaddon from the ancient coffer.
- See Belgun the Quarry Master for your reward.
Follow your quest pointer to find Jenahn and the Ancient Coffer. They are located in the north-west corner of Vehjin Mines, so if you already have the Basalt Grotto mapped, it is much quicker to start from there.
The area around the Coffer is patrolled by several groups of Margonites and Kournans, and as you approach the Coffer, Jenahn will open it for the Kournans and be killed for his trouble. After defeating the groups in the area around the Coffer, click on it to recover the scriptures of Abaddon for the Master of Whispers, then speak to Belgun for your reward.
- Belgun the Quarry Master
- "Few are privy to this information. Consider yourself honored."
- "The Order of Whispers is a secret society led by the Master of Whispers. Members of our order have sworn an oath to protect the dark secrets held in these mines."
- "We must move quickly. The Kournan troops have already discovered one of Palawa Joko's ancient coffers, which they believe houses the scriptures of Abaddon. Fortunately for us, the only miners around here that would have the expertise to open such a coffer are me and Jenahn. Nevertheless, we must find the coffer and take it from the Kournans before they devise a way to open it. Are you prepared to strike?"
Intermediate dialogue (after reaching Jenahn)
- Kournan Guard: "Open the ancient coffer for us, and Warmarshal Ossa will guarantee you rewards beyond your wildest dreams. The paperwork is already worked out, you lucky stiff."
- Assistant Jenahn: "Finally! You have no idea what it's like to handle precious gems with your bare hands by day, then go home at night a pauper with nary enough to feed yourself. Step aside. Yes, I recognize this type of container. I've opened many just like it. There we'll go... and done!"
- Assistant Jenahn: "By the gods, what have I done! May Lyssa forgive me."
Intermediate dialogue (after clearing the area)
- Master of Whispers: "What secrets are contained here that Varesh seeks these scriptures? Here, let me see."
- Belgun the Quarry Master
- "The Order of Whispers is indebted to you. Had these scriptures reached the Warmarshal, who knows what catastrophe might have ensued? Jenahn, though far from perfect, did not deserve such a foul end. Remember what you saw here today. Should you fail to stop Varesh Ossa, we will all share a similar fate."
- If you don't want to fight through Vehjin Mines, start from Basalt Grotto.
- With this quest active and with the party meeting the requirements of completing this quest, upon entering Vehjin Mines, the western portion of the area will be devoid of most of the normal spawns and kneeling at the shrine of Melandru will not summon the Melandru's Watcher (the other shrine works as usual).