From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Region||Depths of Tyria|
To start this mission, speak with Consular Brand Oakencask at the Central Transfer Chamber.
- Protect the Baby Dragon at all costs.
- Survive all six waves of destroyers.
- Destroy enemy waves quickly to earn points; the faster you kill the more points you earn.
- Earn bonus points for each Dwarf defender who survives the assault.
- After the party defeats the final wave, a Chest of the Brotherhood will spawn, which drops a Cloth of the Brotherhood and a Destroyer Core (in Hard Mode one Cloth of the Brotherhood and 5 Destroyer Cores) for each member.
- 25 Dwarf reputation points per wave defeated, awarded immediately after each wave ends (End round 1 -- 25 points, End round 3 -- 75 points).
Updated scores appear on Consular Rahburt's record board, shortly after the old ones are broken.
- Each party member will be awarded 1500 Delver Reputation points should they break the daily record.
- Each party member will be awarded 3000 Delver Reputation points should they break the monthly record.
- Each party member will be awarded 6000 Delver Reputation points should they break the quarterly record (3 months).
The main mission area contains three entrances to a room with the Baby Dragon. The rear entrance connects to an elevated loop that encircles the arena. There are two side gates which lead to pathways and monster spawn points. In the center, the baby dragon rests on an elevated platform.
You will be attacked by six waves consisting of different types of Destroyers. A new wave starts immediately after the last destroyer of the previous wave has been killed. The party gains a morale boost every time a new wave starts.
- The first wave consists of a constant swarm of weak level 10 and 15 Destroyers of Souls and Destroyers of Hordes, along with some level 20 Destroyers of Thoughts for about two minutes and thirty seconds (last spawn at 2:25). Splitting into two groups along the two paths and killing the monsters at their spawn points is effective. Alternatively, you can let the Destroyers pile up one side and spam heavy AoE skills to clear them all at once.
- The second wave consists of Destroyers of Compassion and Destroyers of Deeds. The Destroyers of Deeds block most attacks with Lightning Reflexes, making this the hardest wave for groups consisting mainly of physical damage dealers. They also use Debilitating Shot and Savage Shot, which can incapacitate your casters. Meanwhile, the Destroyers of Compassion will try to wreck your backline. This is one of the more difficult waves. Focus on killing the Destroyers of Compassion first as they deal catastrophic amounts of damage.
- In the third wave, Destroyers of Hope and Destroyers of Thoughts dig out of the ground throughout the entire arena. If not aggroed, they will circle around the area and attack the Baby Dragon from behind. It is advisable to spread out your party in order to defeat the wave as quickly as possible, being sure to have at least one party member targeting the destroyers on each bridge.
- The fourth wave consists of Destroyers of Compassion, Destroyers of Flesh, Destroyers of Sinew, Destroyers of Bones, and a few Destroyers of Souls coming down both side exits.
- The fifth wave consists of Destroyers of Hope and Destroyers of Thoughts coming through all three exits, while Destroyers of Lives pop up within range of the Baby Dragon. Interrupt the Destroyers of Lives and dispatch them quickly, as they do massive fire damage, and inevitably target the baby dragon if left alive for too long.
- The sixth and final wave consists of four Bosses: the Hand of Destruction and the Heart of Destruction from the left spawn, and the Mind of Destruction and the Flesh of Destruction from the right.
- Destroyers are immune to burning and have (at least) +20 armor against fire damage; they have a -20 penalty against cold damage.
- There are enough corpses for at least 2 Minion Masters. Several Death Magic skills deal cold damage.
- Some Deldrimor skills have extra impact against destroyers, especially Alkar's Alchemical Acid.
- Display the Stout-Hearted title effect, which increases skill damage against the destroyers (while healing skill users).
- Certain hero team comps can successfully complete the challenge without any player input.
- 22 Baby Dragon
- 24 Dwarven Soldier (4 in total)
- 24 Dwarven Scout (4 in total)
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Flesh
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Sinew
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Bones
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Deeds
- 10, 28 (24, 30) Destroyer of Hordes
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Hope
- 20 (26) Destroyer of Thoughts
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Lives
- 15, 28 (25, 30) Destroyer of Souls
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Compassion
- 28 (30) Hand of Destruction → Devastating Hammer
- 28 (30) Heart of Destruction → Flourish and Skull Crack
- 28 (30) Flesh of Destruction → Soul Leech
- 28 (30) Mind of Destruction → Hex Eater Vortex
Anomaly.Using the resign command here does nothing.
- The world map (using 'M') shows the location of the challenge to be directly beneath the Dragon's Lair in the Crystal Desert. The architecture in the mission is also similar to that in Glint's secret lair.
|Eye of the North primary repeatable quests and missions|
|Asura arc: Finding the Bloodstone and The Elusive Golemancer » Genius Operated Living Enchanted Manifestation|
|Ebon Vanguard arc: Against the Charr » Warband of Brothers » Assault on the Stronghold|
|Norn arc: Curse of the Nornbear » A Gate Too Far and Blood Washes Blood|
|Deldrimor arc: Destruction's Depths » A Time for Heroes|
|Challenge: Glint's Challenge|