The Destroyers are fiery, mindless creatures who are controlled through a hive-like mind by the Great Destroyer. Dwarven legends say that they are the heralds of the Great Destroyer and that their purpose is to clear Tyria of all life in order to prepare for their master's final arrival. Although it was originally believed that the Great Destroyer is their master, they are ultimately subjects of the Elder Dragon Primordus.
List of hostile NPCs
- Only during quests and missions.
- Stationary Destroyer
- Destroyers are immune to burning and have a +20 armor rating compared to other foes of their profession and level.
- They have another +20 bonus to armor against fire damage; Destroyers of Earth have a total of +80 armor against fire damage.
- They are vulnerable to cold damage, giving them normal armor against cold damage (the result of a -20 penalty to cold damage, which cancels their +20 armor bonus).
- Destroyers are fleshy creatures, despite their appearance.
- They have no healers and no condition removal; however, their mesmers have hex removal skills.
- Most Destroyers use Inner Fire.
- Destroyers have tonic forms.
- Destroyers were originally called "Tanneks", and early concept art for them shows them to be fleshy, piglike creatures. They were adapted for Eye of the North after Utopia was cancelled.
- Destroyer weapons were modeled after the Destroyers and what they're made from.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Destroyer.|