Concept art by Kekai Kotaki.
Dhuum was once the God of Death. During his reign, Dhuum ruled from his tower in the Underworld, and tolerated neither resurrections nor the existence of the undead, and he hunted down all those who escaped death, having promised "death undeniable."
Long before the Exodus of the Gods, Dhuum was challenged and usurped by Grenth and seven heroes who followed him and was struck down in the ossuary of the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance in Orr. Dhuum's tower was shattered, creating the Chaos Plains, and his power was transferred to Grenth, who sealed him within the Hall of Judgement behind enchanted doors and layers of divine magic as he was unable to destroy Dhuum. There, Dhuum bided his time, gaining power every time a creature dies in the Underworld. Sometime before the Flameseeker Prophecies could be realized, the upheaval in Tyria allowed the army of Dhuum to launch an assault on the Underworld, imprisoning Grenth's Reapers and taking control of large portions of the realm. Other agents of Dhuum allied with servants of Abaddon during the attack on the Tomb of the Primeval Kings, during the disruption of the 1585 CC Dragon Festival led by the Fury, and finally in the Realm of Torment during Nightfall, along with Menzies' forces.
Years later, Dhuum was able to accumulate enough power to break free of his bonds, but forces led by King Frozenwind were able to defend the Reapers long enough for them to perform a ritual to return him to his dormant state.
- Quests involved in
- Dhuum (skill) (monster skill)
- Judgment of Dhuum (monster skill)
- Reaping of Dhuum (monster skill)
- Summon Champion (monster skill)
- Summon Minions (monster skill)
- Touch of Dhuum (monster skill)
- Weight of Dhuum (monster skill)
- "WITH EVERY DEATH, DHUUM GROWS STRONGER!"
- "HOW CAN YOU HOPE TO VANQUISH DEATH ITSELF?"
- "PATHETIC MORTAL! THE VOID BECKONS!"
- Dhuum's health is around 80,000,[verification requested] his skills cannot be disabled, he is immune to all conditions, Hex durations are halved on him and he can't be knocked down unless the duration of the knockdown is enhanced.
- An Underworld Chest will appear after Dhuum's defeat.
- Since the May 26, 2010 update, Dhuum appears in-game whenever an account is suspended or terminated and kills the character using either Impending Dhuum or Vengeance is Ours.
- Dhuum was introduced in the November 19, 2009 update.
- Dhuum's scythe and a miniature version of Dhuum are available to players as rare drops from the Underworld Chest.
- Dhuum has been given many titles, including:
- Death Inevitable
- Emperor of Oblivion
- Master of Nothingness
- Omega Death
- The Ender of All
- The Final Death
- The Final Judge
- The Mouth at the Edge of Darkness
- The Voice in the Void
- Dhuum's speech is written completely in capital letters. This may be a reference to Death from the Discworld series.
- If Dhuum defeats a party, he performs the male Dervish dance.
- No statue of this god has been found.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Dhuum.|
|Religions of Tyria (edit)|
|The Six Human Gods||Balthazar (statue) • Dwayna (statue) • Grenth (statue) • Lyssa (statue) • Melandru (statue) • Kormir (statue)|
|Former and other deities||Abaddon (statue) • Dhuum • Elder Dragons • Great Dwarf • Menzies • Old Gods • Spirits of the Wild • Three Queens|
|Entities of religion||Avatar • Celestial • Charr gods (Titans | Destroyers) • Druid • Envoy • Facet • Glint • Unseen Ones|
|Non-theistic religions||Eternal Alchemy • Eternal Paradise • Great Forge • Sky Above the Sky|