A sword is a one-handed melee weapon that can require investment in the Swordsmanship attribute, and has a maximum damage range of 15-22 slashing damage (with critical hits reaching 31 damage). It is one of the three preferred weapons of Warriors.
- Equip: One-handed
- Maximum damage range: 15-22.
- Damage type: Slashing damage.1
- Attack speed: 1.33 seconds.
- Base: Unsalvageable inherent (from Prophecies or Factions) or salvageable inscription (Nightfall or Eye of the North).
- Modifiers: Sword Hilt (name prefix) and Sword Pommel (suffix).
- Jitte inflict blunt damage. Some swords come with an inherent Sword Hilt: Fiery Dragon Sword, Fiery Gladius, and Fiery Embersteel Blade always inflict fire damage, Icy Dragon Sword inflict cold damage.
Swords with maximum damage have been observed with attribute requirements ranging from 7 to 13. Max damage unique, collector and weaponsmith swords have an attribute requirement of 9, with the exception of Shiro's Sword, which has a requirement of 13.
List of swords
This is a list of all the different appearances a sword may have. It is completely independent of its stats and modifiers; for example, a Gladius will be as effective as a Zodiac Sword if they share the same inscription and modifiers.
- 1 Candy Cane Swords and Wintergreen Swords have 10-10 damage and an attribute requirement of 0.
- 2 Fiery Dragon Swords, Fiery Gladius, and Fiery Embersteel Blades inflict fire damage and will not accept prefix upgrades.
- 3 Icy Dragon Swords inflict cold damage and will not accept prefix upgrades.
- 4 Jitte inflict blunt damage.
- 5 Vampiric Dragon Swords come equipped with a Vampiric Sword Hilt and will not accept prefix upgrades.
- 6 Sword is not available as a drop.
- 7 Sword has no attribute requirement and is not maxed.
- Deadly Riposte, Hundred Blades, and Riposte are the only non-Sword attack skills that require a sword to be equipped.
|Requirement • Swapping • Bonus|
|Axe • Sword|
Spear • Wand
|Daggers • Hammer • Scythe|
Bow • Staff
|Off-hand only||Focus • Shield|
|Types||Caster • Martial|
|Upgrades||Bundles • Components • Inscriptions|
Rewards • Inherent modifiers • Perfect
20/20 • 40/20/20 • 40/40