An axe is a one-handed melee weapon that can require investment in the Axe Mastery attribute and has a maximum damage range of 6-28 slashing damage. It is one of the three preferred weapons of Warriors.
- Equip: One-handed
- Maximum damage range: 6-28.
- Damage type: Slashing damage.1
- Attack speed: 1.33 seconds.
- Base: Unsalveagable inherent (from Prophecies or Factions) or salvageable inscription (Nightfall or Eye of the North).
- Modifiers: Axe Haft (name prefix) and Axe Grip (suffix).
- Battlepick, Piercing Axe, and Battle Axe inflict piercing damage. Fiery Blade Axe inflict fire damage. Icy Blade Axe inflict cold damage.
Axes with maximum damage have been observed with attribute requirements ranging from 7 to 13. Max damage unique, collector and weaponsmith axes have an attribute requirement of 9.
This is a list of all the different appearances an axe may have. It is completely independent of its stats and modifiers; for example, a Cleaver will be as effective as a Sephis Axe if they share the same inscription and modifiers.
- Battlepicks, Piercing Axes, and Battle Axes (pick) share the same skin and inflict piercing damage.
- Candy Cane Axes and Wintergreen Axes have 10-10 damage and an attribute requirement of 0.
- Dragoncrest Axes and Zodiac Axes are only available in Urgoz's Warren and The Deep.
- Fiery Blade Axes inflict fire damage and will not accept prefix upgrades.
- Icy Blade Axes inflict cold damage and will not accept prefix upgrades.
- Axe is not available as a drop.
- The unique axe Decade Axes "Rival Skies" uses two other axe skins at the same time, Fiery Blade Axe and Icy Blade Axe, one in each hand (hiding any off-hand weapon).
| Axe • Sword|
Spear • Wand
| Daggers • Hammer • Scythe|
Bow • Staff
|Off-hand only||Focus • Shield|
|Types||Caster • Martial|
|Upgrades|| Bundles • Components • Inscriptions|
Rewards • Inherent modifiers • Perfect
20/20 • 40/20/20 • 40/40