From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
A scythe is a two-handed melee weapon that can require investment in the Scythe Mastery or Soul Reaping (in case of the Anniversary Scythe "Sufferer") attribute and has a maximum range of 9-41 slashing damage. It is the preferred weapon of the Dervish.
- Equip: Two-handed
- Maximum damage range: 9-41.
- Damage type: Slashing damage.1
- Attack speed: 1.5 seconds.
- Base: Salvageable inscription.
- Modifiers: Scythe Snathe (name prefix) and Scythe Grip (suffix).
- Anniversary Scythe "Sufferer" inflicts dark damage.
- Scythes with a maximum less than 41 damage occasionally have a minimum of 10 damage.
- They have a lower critical hit factor than other weapons. Maximum weapon damage is multiplied by 1.09 (2^0.125) instead of 1.41 (2^0.5 = √ 2).
- They have an inherent ability to strike up to three adjacent foes in front of the wielder. All bonuses (and penalties) will be calculated for each successful hit, including those from attack skills.
- For example, Vampiric scythes can steal up to 15 health per swing.
- Some skills can cause different types of effects on each hit, e.g. Desperation Blow might cause different conditions on each foe.
- The range of the scythe is slightly larger than adjacent and is not the same as that used by Cyclone Axe or Ancestors' Rage.
This is a list of all the different appearances a scythe may have. It is completely independent of its stats and modifiers; for example, a Bronze Scythe will be as effective as a Tormented Scythe if they share the same inscription and modifiers.
- These scythes have 10-10 damage and no attribute requirement.
- These scythes are not available as a drop.
- Anniversary Scythe "Sufferer" requires 9 Soul Reaping and inflicts dark damage.
- Grenth's Aura, Sand Shards, and Vow of Strength are the only non-scythe attack skills that require a scythe. Avatar of Grenth's life stealing and conversion to dark damage also require a scythe.
- Some scythes with low requirements can actually have a minimum damage higher than 9, the minimum damage usually attained by perfect scythes. Scythes are the only known weapon where this can occur. Please refer to the talk page for details.
- The March 13, 2008 update renamed two weapons with scythe in their names: the White Scythe axe became the White Reaver and the Dragon Scythes daggers became Dragon Kamas.
|Requirement • Swapping • Sets • Bonus|
|Axe • Sword|
Spear • Wand
|Daggers • Hammer • Scythe|
Bow • Staff
|Off-hand only||Focus • Shield|
|Types||Caster • Martial|
|Upgrades||Bundles • Components • Inscriptions|
Rewards • Inherent modifiers • Perfect
20/20 • 40/20/20 • 40/40