The scythe is one of the most broken weapons in the game and the fact that the Dervish can use it, makes it even more broken. Why bother playing a warrior, when a Dervish can do everything three times better? Nicky Silverstar 18:25, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
Even though the scythe is a very powerfull weapon its not limited to the use of a dervish primary a warrior could come in with scythe mastery and strength and do extreame damage to multiple enemy with the added bonus of the armor penatration and the bosted armor of the warrior will make him harder to take down then a dervish.
Even with out the scythe or the derv secondary, along comes a hammer warrior BOOM! KNOCK DOWN boom again boom boom boom boom damage knock down damage knock down boom boom dead.
Not much your scythe can do if the warrior keeps you on the floor with his hammer huh? Not to say the warrior is beter or the dervish is beter, all the profesion are/ are almost balanced and depending how you play you could beat anything with anything.
- Ever heard the words Fleeting and Stability? Noctarch 02:41, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Yes the scythe is a very damaging wepon but its not the holy grail.--Atrix 16:24, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- Well, it does make my elementalist obsolete. My guildie does 80+ damage each hit, to three targets. I use my AoE spell and do what...not even 80 damage to three targets combined...and I am weaker in defense too. Playing alongside a dervish just makes me feel...useless. They can do everything, and they can do everything extremely well too. Nicky Silverstar 19:52, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- I agree. I would like to have the weapon slightly dulled (perhaps 12-28, to make up for it), but keep the additional damage from the various skills the same. Also, do multiple hits with the Scythe all have a chance to critical? If so, I'd would like that either taken out, or at least taken down a few notches. --People of Antioch talk 07:41, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
You will rarely see Hammer warriors now in the metagame for both pve and pvp and even if they have the potential to keep you knock down, it will not happen due to the slow build up of adrenline with hammers so the scythe mastery is far superior than any of the warrior weapon attributes.William Wallace 03:57, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Scythes are broken and need a nerf. Anyone who disagrees is either bad or doesn't want scythes to be nerfed because he uses them 24/7.
- Scythes make Warriors obsolete. Whatever warrior build I run just can't outdamage a scythe. Warriors are better using scythes and warrior's endurance than anything else.
- Scythes make bows obsolete. Rangers are better running sway than bows(which get nerfed all the time).
- Scythes make daggers obsolete. Why inflict less damage than a wand when you can run critical scythe complete with skillbar compression?
- Wrong, wrong, wrong. Warriors are still better than dervishes for certain roles, and dervishes are better for others (mostly spreading deep wound). Scythe rangers are dumb, dshot and savage shot are fucking awesome, and rangers are meant for disruption. Also, daggers own face for spiking, PALM STRIKE AMIRITE?
- Nah, scythes have plenty of 1s and 1/2s attack skills.
- Palm strike only requires pimp hand. Dagger attacks are already 1s. Who doesn't use an IAS? Dual attack off-strikes are effectively 1/8s attacks. Scythe DPS is poor compared to burst chain and with FP nerf are all too often cockblockway victims. 126.96.36.199 01:35, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- Nah, scythes have plenty of 1s and 1/2s attack skills.
scythe is good in pve because aoe is good in pve. but remember it only hits up to 3 frontal adjacent foes... cyclone axe, hundred blades and whirlwind attack hit everything. it doesn't even compare to the aoe damage of an elementalist spamming searing flames. only axe warriors are threatened by the scythe, due to the scythe's easy deep wound options. JimmyB 19:08, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
If you use a scythe a lot in pve you will be in one of 3 situations, a) you are only hitting one foe, b) you are smart and ball them up to wreak havoc, or c) the mobs are stupid and bunch up themselves and in 3 secs they're dead. To do b) you have get stuck in the middle of the action and 70AL is not the best for that and people in pvp aren't dumb enough to let the derv hit 3 guys at once. Taking away the 3 target hit is just like taking away the dagger's double strike or the bow's range.--Bleded Scythe 11:14, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
new scythe skin
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Bat%27leth Please make this, anet. Then I can make a dervish named Kahless the Unforgettable and engage in honorable duels. Alternatively, someone please make a (good) texmod out of it (just replace the art for some shitty skin) -- Mafaraxas 18:26, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Minimum 10 Damage Scythes
Something I ran afoul of lately were 10-30ish Scythes, and I've not noticed any comments on how this exists and what the maximum damage is with a minimum 10 scythe. Currently I have an Elegant Scythe Requirement 7 which has 10-35 damage. I'm wondering if a 10minimum scythe with a lower max is still more useful due to that single point higher on the minimum..? (ArlanKels 00:34, 27 July 2009 (UTC))
Slashing Dmg: 10-34 (Requires 6 Scythe Mastery)
Inscription: "Guided by Fate"
Damage +12% (while Enchanted)
Value: 37 gold
- assuming damage is uniformly distributed ;o — μαφλεσ 15:04, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- I think the fact that scythes, of all weapons (both martial and casting) seem to be the only ones in the game for which a non-max can have higher minimum damage than a max, is worthy of a note on the main page. But I don't know how to change it. If I'm wrong then no biggie but if anyone wants to add it I'm not sure why anyone else would object.188.8.131.52 22:32, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
I was a bit dissapointed when i first saw scythes in-game, i expected them to be bigger. Right now im hogging Droks Scythe around and i feel like i'm holding a curved finger on a stick. When i swing it, it doesnt give the i-is-holding-pwnscythe feeling. Bigger scythe blades would be nice 184.108.40.206 10:11, 21 May 2010 (UTC)DemonicFahrir
- Take an Asuran Scythe, done complaining. -- Cyan 10:15, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
I got pwnt. Gimme 20 mins to make up something else to complain about220.127.116.11 10:48, 21 May 2010 (UTC) DemonicFahrir
I don't even know if it should be considered a buff. I made a new dervish because i thought the skill buffs were amazing but using an Undead Scythe (q9, max and +20% from customization if anyone doesn't know what it is) and fighting the level 1s-6s with 11 scythe mastery I maybe get anything above 30 damage per hit around...maybe 1/5-1/6 of the time. I know their crit rate was reduced but this is ridiculous. 18.104.22.168 14:44, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Crit rate was unchanged. 1/5-1/6 seems about right for critical hits. The damage you are doing, however, does seem a little low. Perhaps you're fighting warriors or paragons who have a higher base armor? --JonTheMon 15:06, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
Multiple hit query
As you know, scythes can hit up to 3 foes, the target and another 2 adjacent. However, if I get a larger ball, let's say 10 foes, the other 2 hit ones (other than the target) remain the same, or are they selected randomly from the ball each time i make the hit(s) ? Magnum 13:17, 29 April 2012 (UTC)