From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- "Off-hand" redirects here. For the Assassin attack skills, see Off-hand attack.
A weapon is a piece of equipment that can be equipped in a character's primary weapon or off-hand inventory slots. Weapons are visible in your character's hands when the player is outside of a town or outpost (for example in an explorable area or mission).
In Guild Wars, shields and focus items are considered weapons, although they are technically not armaments.
- See also: Martial weapon, Caster weapon
Melee weapon comparison
|Assassin||Daggers||Two||7-17||1.333||Piercing or Slashing4||2% double strike chance per rank of Dagger Mastery|
|Dervish||Scythe||Two||9-41||1.50||Slashing||Hits up to 2 additional foes adjacent to target|
- 1 Some axes and hammers do piercing damage.
- 2 The Jitte deals blunt damage.
- 3 Excluding double strikes.
- 4 Daggers of Purity deal blunt damage.
Ranged weapon comparison
|Hornbow||Two||15-28||2.7||1.20||0.59||Medium||Piercing||10% armor penetration|
|Staff||Two||11-22||1.75||1.20||0.56||Medium4||by attribute||+5...10 energy,|
Extremely low critical hit rate
|Wand||One||11-22||1.75||1.20||0.56||Medium4||by attribute||Extremely low critical hit rate|
- 1Projectile weapons inflict more damage when fired at lower foes and less damage when fired at higher foes.
- 2Range is approximate, and is measured in aggro circle / Danger Zone radii.
- 3Flight time is at shortbow range.
- 4Is slightly higher than the other medium arcs.
- See also: Damage per second
All values assume a level 20 attacker with an uncustomized white weapon, regular attack speed, no damage buffs, an armor rating 60 target, and that axe, sword and dagger attack speeds are exactly 1 1/3 seconds. All values are rounded to the nearest hundredth, .5 is rounded up.
Mean @Rank 12
Mean @Rank 16
Mean @Rank 12
|Critical DPS |
Mean @Rank 16
|Bow, Flat or Short||10.75||12.36||19.80||22.77|
|Bow, Horn 1||8.84||10.16||16.27||18.71|
|Bow, Long or Recurve||8.96||10.30||16.50||18.97|
|Scythe 2 [verification requested]||14.29||16.43||33.13||38.10|
|Staff / Wand 3||9.43||9.43||17.78||17.78|
- Armor penetration produces better relative damage against heavily armored targets, see Hornbow for a more in-depth analysis.
- Per target.
- Staves and wands have an extremely low base critical hit rate; their damage scales with attacker level, not weapon attribute.
- Xun Rao's Quill is the only off-hand classified as Parrying dagger, but functions identically to a shield.
- Gwen's Broken Flute and Broken Flute can be equipped as an off-hand, but they have no stats of their own so it is impossible to tell whether they are considered as shield or focus.
- Category:Unreplicable unique items
- Category:Unreplicable promotional items
- Category:Weapons with irregular skins
- Inherent modifier
- List of weapon upgrades
- Perfect (maxed weapons)
- PvP reward (weapon skins for PvP characters)
- Upgrade component
|Requirement • Swapping • Sets • Bonus|
|Axe • Sword|
Spear • Wand
|Daggers • Hammer • Scythe|
Bow • Staff
|Off-hand only||Focus • Shield|
|Types||Caster • Martial|
|Upgrades||Bundles • Components • Inscriptions|
Rewards • Inherent modifiers • Perfect
20/20 • 40/20/20 • 40/40