Icy Dragon Sword
|Icy Dragon Sword|
|Damage type(s)||Cold damage|
|Common salvage||Iron Ingots|
|Rare salvage||Steel Ingots|
Dye affects the sword's hilt. The blade and flames are unaffected. The hilt will receive a slight tint of the dye color or become a lighter or darker shade of gray. The default color can be closely replicated using yellow dye. The ones obtained from a Gift of the Traveler cannot be dyed.
- When dropped as loot from Ice Imps, it comes with the following weapon stats:
Icy Dragon Sword
Cold Dmg: 15-22 (Requires 9 Swordsmanship)
"Yakkington had to win a tug of war battle with an Ice Imp for
this little treasure!" -Nicholas
- When obtained from a Gift of the Traveler, it has these stats:
- Cold damage: 15-22 (Requires 9 Swordsmanship)
- An empty Inscription slot.
- It cannot be dyed nor sold.
- It is appended with a note:
- "Yakkington had to win a tug of war battle with an Ice Imp for this little treasure!" -Nicholas
- Icy Dragon Swords are often abbreviated IDS.
- This item was released, unannounced, during Wintersday 2005. There was much speculation that this item would no longer drop following the celebration, accounting for the very high price at the time, until it was later learned the item would in fact continue to drop.
- In the May 24th, 2007 update, Icy Dragon Swords (from Ice Imps) were retroactively changed to being considered a rare item to exempt them from loot scaling
- The Icy Dragon Sword first came about from a faked "leak". ArenaNet devs were so amused that they made the sword and put it into the game; the player who faked the leak was eventually hired by ArenaNet as a programmer.