Mineral Springs is an area in the Shiverpeaks. Its nearest outpost is The Granite Citadel, although it is not directly adjacent to it. Mineral springs has one main path which runs in a loop around the area. It is not possible to cut across the loop and the path must be followed all the way round. There are 6 Avicara boss spawns along the path, three of which have elites only obtainable from this area. To the north east there is a cave guarded by Ice Imps, Siege Ice Golems and Nightmares; at the end of the cave, the Temple of Lyssa can be found. Taking the south east exit from the cave leads to the Phantom Boss, Ice Beast, and a lake vista where the Seer is available to infuse armor. In the south-south-east, there is a small cave where Maw the Mountain Heart can (rarely) be found.
- 10 (20) Bariel Darkroot (collector of 5 Alpine Seeds)
- 10 (20) Goran Grimyak (collector of 5 Feathered Avicara Scalps)
- 10 (20) Trego Stonebreaker (collector of 5 Mountain Troll Tusks)
- 20 (20) Crafter Hagrem
- 30 (30) Ancient Seer
Elementals (Stone Summit)
- 24 (26) Siege Ice Golem
- 24 (26) Tundra Giant
- 22 (26) Ice Imp
- 22 (26) Azure Shadow
- 24 (26) Avicara Brave
- 24 (26) Avicara Fierce
- 24 (26) Avicara Ardent
- 24 (26) Avicara Guile
- 24 (26) Avicara Wise
- 24 (26) Mountain Troll
- 24 (26) Frost Wurm
- 28 (30) Syr Honorcrest → Flourish
- 28 (30) Ryk Arrowwing → Practiced Stance
- 28 (30) Myd Springclaw → Shield of Judgment
- 28 (30) Nhy Darkclaw → Well of Power
- 28 (30) Wyt Sharpfeather → Ineptitude
- 28 (30) Hyl Thunderwing → Glyph of Energy
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.4% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 195 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 182 to 208 foes.
- There are hidden Azure Shadows in the cave leading towards the Ancient Seer, hidden Frost Wurms at Maw the Mountain Heart's spawn point, and an occasional hidden Juniper Bark near Pinesouls.
- Do not bunch up while engaging the Avicara, or the Avicara Fierce can quickly decimate the party.
- The Avicara are hostile to the few Tundra Giants found here.
- Technically, there are fewer foes during Defend Droknar's Forge, but due to the Titans that spawn from other Titans, there are more foes to kill. The extra Titan spawns do not count towards vanquish completion.
- During Defend Droknar's Forge, the spawn locations of the Avicara bosses are fixed. In the northern path, the order of bosses from west to east will be: Hyl Thunderwing, Nhy Darkclaw, Wyt Sharpfeather. In the southern path, the order of bosses from west to east will be: Ryk Arrowwing, Syr Honorcrest, Myd Springclaw.
- The Avicara and Titans are hostile to each other.
- A main attraction of Mineral Springs is Lyssa's ice cave to the north east. This cave is the only place where the Icy Dragon Sword can be found through monster drops.
- See Gift of the Traveler given by Nicholas the Traveler for the inscribable version.
- The cave also contains an Ice Beast which drops the Spectral Essence. This can be given to the Seer at the end of the ice cave to infuse a character's armor.
- The last point of interest in the cave is a broken shrine to Lyssa. Morale Boosts and Holy Blessing can be acquired from the statue of Lyssa. Icy Ground is not inflicted by walking on the ice in the cave.
- For faster and more efficient skill capping, do not go to the closest group. Head north/northeast to where there are 3 Avicara spawns. There you will have 3 of the 6 possible bosses, and thus a greater chance to find the one you need. You may also go to the nearest spawn and hold the hotkey to highlight enemies to check if the boss is there. If it is not, just run back to Tasca's Demise and back to Mineral Springs. Remember not to resign or you'll have to cross Tasca's Demise again.