- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Exit(s)|| Lornar's Pass |
Dreadnought's Drift is the name given to the small, relatively open bottleneck between Lornar's Pass and Snake Dance. The area is densely populated with large groups of giants and Stone Summit, but the true terror of this area is Maw the Mountain Heart, who makes its lair here along the eastern cliff faces. Although it seems an unlikely place, a statue of Dwayna can be found here, visible on the map as a pale ring along the southern cliff face.
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Carver
- 24 (26) Summit Giant Herder
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Ranger
- 24 (26) Dolyak Master
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Heretic
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Gnasher
Elementals (Stone Summit)
- 24 (26) Siege Ice Golem
- 24 (26) Tundra Giant
- 24 (26) Blessed Griffon
- 22 (26) Azure Shadow
Wurms (random spawn)
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 0.4% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 115 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 111 to 124.
- There are hidden Azure Shadows in this area.
- Beware the range and height advantage of the Tundra Giant groups in front of the Statue of Dwayna.
- Consider bringing enchantment removal due to the possibility of as many as four Dolyak Masters spawning in the same group.
- Due to how far this location is, consider vanquishing Snake Dance, Dreadnought's Drift and Lornar's Pass in one go. Leaving from Camp Rankor to accomplish this will also allow for a party size of 8, where an exit from Beacon's Perch restricts the party to 6 members.
- Early in the days of Guild Wars, there used to be two chests in this area which required no key to open. The Lost Strongbox, and the Frozen Chest. Out of each chest about 5-10 weapons and armor pieces would drop. This was a very well-kept secret but was eventually taken out for obvious reasons.