The Ice Floe is a snowy and mountainous terrain through which a frozen river cuts across the northwest. The Mursaat maintain patrols throughout this area, although the southern areas are largely under the control of a large number of Ice Imps.
This area is mostly optional. Getting to Marhan's Grotto is usually the reason to traverse this area.
This area is easily reached by exiting Thunderhead Keep to the southwest.
- Northeast, around the bend outside of Thunderhead Keep.
- Northwest, at the exit into the Frozen Forest.
- South, near the exit into Marhan's Grotto.
- 22 (26) Ice Imp
- 24 (26) Jade Armor
- 24 (26) Jade Bow
- 24 (26) Mursaat Monk
- 24 (26) Mursaat Necromancer
- 24 (26) Mursaat Mesmer
- 24 (26) Mursaat Elementalist
- 24 (26) Pinesoul
Mursaat (a random 2-4 of these will spawn per instance)
- 28 (30) Jade Armor → Devastating Hammer
- 28 (30) Jade Bow → Oath Shot
- 28 (30) Mursaat Monk → Aura of Faith
- 28 (30) Mursaat Necromancer → Life Transfer
- 28 (30) Mursaat Mesmer → Energy Surge
- 28 (30) Mursaat Elementalist → Thunderclap
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.7% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 207 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 187 to 233 foes.
- When approaching the possible spawn point of Frostbite, if it does spawn, there will be a hidden group of Azure Shadows.
- There are Mursaat patrols in this area which are made up of 2 groups. When they stop patrolling they sometimes become one group. So when vanquishing it is advised to lure a group of Mursaat away while they are still patrolling.
- It is not advised to attempt this VQ if your armour is not infused. You will die from Spectral Agony.
- Pain Inverter is particularly useful.