Once, Dwarves from all over the Shiverpeaks made the trek here to barter with Marhan the Mighty, a weaponsmith who was reputed for making the best axes in all the land. After he passed into the Great Forge, this grotto was named in his honor.
— in-game description
- From Thunderhead Keep, go southwest through Ice Floe.
- Alternatively, you can head south from Iron Mines of Moladune, into Ice Floe and then southeast to Marhan's Grotto. This is useful if you wish to get prestige armor before getting it infused; however, because of the Mursaat and Jade, the journey is very difficult and is best done with heroes whose armor is already infused.
- Marhan's Grotto is located very nearly on the most southern point of Ice Floe.
- 20 Devona (Fighter)
- 20 Little Thom (Brawler)
- 20 Aidan (Archer)
- 20 Mhenlo (Healer)
- 20 Lina (Protector)
- 20 Eve (Cultist)
- 20 Dunham (Enchanter)
- 20 Cynn (Mage)
- This is one of the two outposts where you can craft prestige armor in the Prophecies campaign. The other outpost is The Granite Citadel.
- Most of Marhan's Grotto is situated on ice. Thus, while you are in the outpost you are affected by Icy Ground which slows your movement by 70% unless you are constantly moving. Keep running until you get to a spot of dry land.