Those wishing to travel from Beacon's Perch to Droknar's Forge must brave the treacherous Lornar's Pass. This cold, remote mountain pass is home to several tribes of Avicara Tengu, Grawl, and Trolls, but the real danger to travelers are the giant Frost Wurms that attack without warning in the narrow passes. A statue of Grenth stands at the southern end of Lornar's Pass, from which players can gain access to the Underworld.
- 9 (23) Summit Axe Wielder
- 10 (24) Stone Summit Crusher
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Ranger
- 9 (23) Stone Summit Scout
- 24 (26) Dolyak Master
- 11 (24) Dolyak Rider
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Gnasher
- 10 (24) Stone Summit Howler
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Heretic
- 10 (24) Stone Summit Sage
Elementals (Stone Summit)
- 22 (26) Ice Imp
- 24 (26) Pinesoul
- 24 (26) Mountain Troll
- 24 (26) Frost Wurm
Dwarves (Stone Summit)
Elementals (Stone Summit)
Temple of Grenth - This is the only existing entrance to the Underworld in an explorable area. A Statue of Grenth can be found in this area. More specifically, the architecture surrounding it suggests it may be a temple to the God of Death. Kneeling at the statue may call forth a Voice of Grenth that will provide blessings for a fee.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.6% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 286 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 270 to 301 foes.
- The main difficulty is the Stone Summit in a fort on the eastern side of the map. Two particularly large groups are located there, one of which contains two Dolyak Masters and one Dolyak Rider. See the talk page for discussion and tips on how to defeat this mob.
- It is recommended to start from Camp Rankor and vanquish Snake Dance and Dreadnought's Drift along the way. While this takes a while, you have a party of 8, making it easier than starting from Beacon's Perch.
- The Grawl Crones use Verata's Aura - make sure you have a way to deal with this if your party includes a minion master.
- The hidden Frost Wurms are mostly along the path that circles the frozen lake as well as north of the tunnel that connects to that path.
- In normal mode, if you enter this area from Beacon's Perch, you will need heroes instead of henchmen, because the latter are too low level compared to the foes here.
- When trying to enter the Underworld at the Temple of Grenth, you will be unable to enter with henchmen as they are not Ascended. Likewise if your character is not Ascended, or achieved the Factions (Weh no Su) or Nightfall (Hunted!) equivalents, your character cannot enter.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Lornar's Pass.|