Snake Dance refers to a series of winding mountain paths and snowy valleys that threads its way from the Northern Shiverpeaks to the southern part of the mountain range. This area is the largest explorable area in the Prophecies campaign and is also the longest area in the game. It contains hostile mobs of wildlife native to the Shiverpeaks, including Giants, Griffons, Nightmares, and Trolls. The Stone Summit are found towards the south as well.
The easiest way to reach this area is to first get to Camp Rankor and head out its northwestern exit. Camp Rankor is usually reached only towards the end of the Prophecies campaign.
To reach here from the Northern Shiverpeaks, head south out of Beacon's Perch and through both Lornar's Pass and Dreadnought's Drift; the journey is dangerous for a party of 6 out of Beacon's Perch as the areas are filled with high-level foes. This area lets characters reach Droknar's Forge, and there is a Beacon's Perch - Droknar's Forge run to allow early access to late-game areas and prestige armors.
- Northwest, at the exit into Dreadnought's Drift.
- Center, northwest from the exit into Grenth's Footprint.
- Southeast, at the exit into Camp Rankor.
- 5 (20) Hagnon Warblade (collector for 5 Frosted Griffon Wings)
- 2 (20) Hoknil the Lesser (collector for 5 Azure Remains)
- 10 (20) Merin Trollsbane (collector for 5 Mountain Troll Tusks)
- 1 (20) Radamon (collector for 5 Huge Jawbones)
- 5 (20) Yorik Warblade (collector for 1 Emboldened Carapace Shield)
Elementals (Stone Summit)
- 24 (26) Tundra Giant
- 22 (26) Blessed Griffon
- 22 (26) Azure Shadow
- 24 (26) Avicara Fierce
- 24 (26) Mountain Troll
- 28 (30) Raptorhawk → Spell Breaker
- 28 (30) Featherclaw → Mantra of Recall
- 28 (30) Old Red Claw → Mind Shock
- 28 (30) Fawl Driftstalker → Signet of Judgment
- 28 (30) Cry Darkday → Blood is Power
- 28 (30) Sapph Blacktracker → Spiteful Spirit
- 28 (30) Didn Hopestealer → Illusionary Weaponry
- 28 (30) Sala Chillbringer → Mist Form
- There are many spots with about five or more Stone Summit corpses that do not vanish like regular corpses, exploited or not. The northern ones sometimes have a Tundra Giant corpse among them or a single hidden Nightmare. This is perhaps indicative that the Stone Summit are having difficulty gaining a foothold in this hostile area.
- There are many hidden Nightmare groups in this area, concentrated mostly around the center and towards the south.
- Many of the foes in this area possess skills that cause knock down. Skills like Ward of Stability and "I Am Unstoppable!" will be useful.
- The Tundra Giants are aggressive to Azure Shadows, and will knock them down with Giant Stomp if they are in the area.
- Although this area's two Giant bosses share three spawn points, they are not guaranteed to spawn; sometimes neither will spawn, other times only one will spawn.
- A few Blessed Griffon groups can sometimes be seen fighting other groups.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.8% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 350 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 300 to 418 foes.
- The hidden Nightmare groups can be deadly if they are triggered while engaging another large group. Some of the hidden groups are up to 6 strong.
- The Tundra Giants are concentrated in the center and the north. With their knock-downs, it can be relatively easy for them to score a kill if unprepared.
- Blessed Griffons employ Spell Breaker, which can be annoying to parties that rely heavily on targeted spells.
- In the north, along the high mountain path, there are several large overlapping patrols of Mountain Trolls and Tundra Giants. Take care to note their path before engaging.
- For the quickest multiple profession skill capture running, It is best to start from Deldrimor War Camp heading to the west through Grenth's Footprint. As this will bring you directly to the center of Snake Dance within a couple of minutes. Especially when considering most of the bosses are in the north side of Snake Dance.