- Click to view
Elite Enchantment Spell. For 30 seconds, your melee attacks neither hit nor fail to hit. Instead, Illusionary Weaponry deals 8...34...40 damage to your targets for each melee attack. You have +5 armor for each equipped Illusion Magic skill.
- Concise description
Elite Enchantment Spell. (30 seconds.) Deals 8...34...40 damage to foes in place of other damage or effects from melee attacks. You have +5 armor for each equipped Illusion Magic skill. Your melee attacks neither hit nor fail to hit.
- Didn Hopestealer (Snake Dance)
- Seear Windlash (Talus Chute)
- Digo Murkstalker (Iron Mines of Moladune)
- Scythes will cause this skill to damage up to three foes at once in the way that scythes normally have an area of effect.
- As it is the enchantment causing the foe to take damage and not the weapon itself, the character may wield a melee weapon of any attribute requirement without the enchantment damage being reduced.
- "Attack in melee" only requires you to swing your weapon at your target to inflict the damage, therefore effects which cause blindness, missing and blocking cannot prevent the damage being inflicted.
- The damage suffered by the foe is not reduced by skills such as Flurry, as it is the enchantment and not the weapon that is the damage source.
- Attacks made under this enchantment will not trigger effects that activate when an enemy is struck by an attack, such as Vampiric and Zealous mods and Feigned Neutrality.
- Attacking while under this enchantment will still trigger skills that require an attack (such as Empathy or Clumsiness).
- Using Dagger Attacks out of sequence (such as using most Dual Attacks without an offhand) will not cause damage to be inflicted from this skill.
- Non-damage effects of melee attacks, such as inflicting conditions, gaining adrenaline from hitting, gaining energy or Dagger Attack chain marks, do not trigger while Illusionary Weaponry is active, and you cannot score a critical hit.
- This is one of the few skills that can damage invulnerable foes (such as the Base Defender), though this requires an indirect attack such as Cyclone Axe.
- The main spell of an IW mesmer.