- Click to view
Elite Enchantment Spell. For 30 seconds, your melee attacks neither hit nor fail to hit. Instead, Illusionary Weaponry deals 8...34...40 damage to your targets for each melee attack. You have +5 armor for each equipped Illusion Magic skill.
- Concise description
Elite Enchantment Spell. (30 seconds.) Deals 8...34...40 damage to foes in place of other damage or effects from melee attacks. You have +5 armor for each equipped Illusion Magic skill. Your melee attacks neither hit nor fail to hit.
- Didn Hopestealer (Snake Dance)
- Seear Windlash (Talus Chute)
- Digo Murkstalker (Iron Mines of Moladune)
- The damage is done by the enchantment and not by the attack.
- Attacks are initiated but never hit:
- Effects that activate when an enemy is struck by an attack, such as Vampiric and Zealous mods and the early ending of Feigned Neutrality do not trigger. No adrenaline gain from hitting or Dagger Attack chain marks do trigger, and you cannot score a critical hit.
- Skills that require an attack (such as Empathy or Clumsiness) will still trigger.
- Attack from scythes and attack skills that can deal multiple attacks will cause the damage to be inflicted on several foes. Damage will trigger twice on a double strike.
- Failed attacks such as Dagger Attacks out of sequence (such as using most Dual Attacks without an offhand) will not trigger damage.
- This is one of the few skills that can damage invulnerable foes (such as the Base Defender), though this requires an indirect attack such as Cyclone Axe.
- The main spell of an IW mesmer.