Energy gain on hit: 1
Energy regeneration -1
— in-game description
A Zealous weapon can generate more energy while fighting than would otherwise be gained from natural regeneration. For example,
- One hit per second builds energy at the equivalent of three pips of regeneration for a net improvement of two pips.
- One hit every 1 ½ seconds is equivalent to 2 pips — a net improvement of one pip.
- The break even point is hitting once every three seconds; this generates 1 pip, the amount lost by equipping a zealous weapon.
Net energy gain per second
The following table shows the net amount of energy gained each second assuming you are hitting as often as possible.
Weapon Standard attack rate 25% IAS 33% IAS Scythe (3 foes) 1.714 2.286 2.559 Scythe (2 foes) 1.143 1.524 1.706 Daggers (16 Dagger Mastery) 0.992 1.323 1.481 Axe, Daggers (0 Dagger Mastery), Sword 0.752 1.002 1.123 Spear 0.667 0.889 0.995 Hammer, Scythe (1 foe) 0.571 0.762 0.853 Flat-, Shortbow 0.500 0.667 0.746 Long-, Recurve Bow 0.417 0.556 0.622 Hornbow 0.370 0.494 0.553 Non-zealous weapon † 0.333 0.333 0.333
- † This is the baseline for comparison, i.e. the amount of energy that would be gained without using a zealous weapon.
Upgrade components which provide this bonus
- Skills that result in multiple hits from a single attack (such as Barrage or Triple Chop) dramatically increase the benefits of this mod.
- In contrast, conditions and hexes that reduce your rate of attack or chance to hit dramatically reduce the benefit. For example,