Iron Mines of Moladune
|Iron Mines of Moladune|
|Preceded by||Ice Caves of Sorrow|
|Followed by||Thunderhead Keep|
Evennia is free, and the treacherous Markis isn't far. Seek out the Seer to find how to infuse your armor to protect against the Mursaat's deadly Spectral Agony. Then track down Markis and avenge his treachery against the Shining Blade.
Kill Markis and his Jade Armor guards.
- Find the Seer.
- ADDED: Kill the Eidolon.
- ADDED: Deliver the Spectral Essence to the Seer to infuse your armor.
- *BONUS* Defeat The Inquisitor before he leaves with the information about the Shining Blade.
Maximum-stat armor (e.g. from Droknar's Forge) is strongly advised for this mission, not only because it gives an edge in the fights, but also because infusion will only be applied to the armor set players are currently wearing. As you encounter the Mursaat throughout the game, you want to make sure that you are protected against their most deadly attack. Should you miss the opportunity, you will need to repeat the first part of the mission or alternatively infuse another set later in the game in Mineral Springs, or the Ring of Fire or Abaddon's Mouth missions.
Do not engage the Mursaat in combat until your armor is infused, or use an infused tank, such as any hero or pet (henchmen are not infused), to draw attacks away from the rest of the team.
At the beginning, there's a battle between the Stone Summit and White Mantle. You can ignore them and simply run past them. Head along the frozen river and then keep heading north. Again you will sight a very large group of Stone Summit and White Mantle in combat, head east to avoid it since there is no need to fight them.
At this point you will hear Shining Blade Scout Ryder calling out for help but safe from harm. She gives the bonus objective but her rescue is not needed to complete the mission. In any case, ignore her for the time being.
Cross another bridge and keep traveling north-west until you reach the snowfields populated by Azure Shadows. Kill them and proceed to the Seer (marked S on the map above).
Approaching the Seer will trigger a cutscene where players are instructed to kill the Eidolon and obtain its Spectral Essence to infuse your armor. The Eidolon is not difficult to defeat and once killed will drop the Spectral Essence as a bundle that you have to carry back to the Seer. Once done, talk to the Seer to have your armor infused with the essence.
Follow then the passage north of the Seer to reach Markis' location.
You can either immediately kill him and his Jade guards to complete the mission or ignore him for now and proceed south to do the bonus.
- Alternative route to Markis
Talking to the Seer is actually not necessary for finishing the mission. Should players be already infused against Spectral Agony,it is more time efficient to go through the Mursaat stronghold at the start of the mission instead.
In this case, do not follow the river north, but follow Markis through the Mursaat stronghold - this path is marked in green and yellow on the map above. This path has the benefit of going via the bonus NPC Shining Blade Scout Ryder.
Shining Blade Scout Ryder urges players to kill The Inquisitor before it escapes with intelligence. Accepting the bonus will spawn the mentioned boss and a few Mursaat, which will move north towards the Mursaat teleporter.
To get to Ryder in the first place, head south of Markis and kill the Mursaat you encounter. Alternatively if you followed the green path above, kill the Mursaat up to the next bridge.
Clear out the surrounding mobs between Ryder and the bridge before talking to Ryder to avoid over-aggro. Send only one player to Ryder while the rest of the party awaits at the Inquisitor spawn point (which is just outside the gates, a little up the hill).
Although the foes are notably tougher in hard mode, the basic strategies are the same.
- Snares and knockdowns to prevent The Inquisitor from running away.
- Anti-caster skills for players without infused armor.
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Carver
- 24 (26) Summit Giant Herder
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Ranger
- 24 (26) Dolyak Master
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Gnasher
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Heretic
- 24 (26) Siege Ice Golem
- 24 (26) Tundra Giant
- 24 (26) Blessed Griffon
- 20 (26) White Mantle Engineer
- 20 (26) White Mantle Zealot
- 18 (26) White Mantle Seeker
- 20 (26) White Mantle Priest
- 20 (26) White Mantle Ritualist
- 16 (26) White Mantle Sycophant
- 16 (26) White Mantle Savant
- 24 (26) Jade Armor
- 24 (26) Jade Bow
- 24 (26) Mursaat Monk
- 24 (26) Mursaat Necromancer
- 24 (26) Mursaat Mesmer
- 24 (26) Mursaat Elementalist
- 24 (26) Azure Shadow
- 24 (26) Mountain Troll
- 28 (30) Marika Granitehand → Cleave
- 28 (30) Slonak Copperbark → Dwarven Battle Stance
- 28 (30) Lokar Icemender → Mark of Protection
- 28 (30) Martigris the Stalwart → Devastating Hammer
- 28 (30) Hilios the Dutiful → Oath Shot
- 28 (30) Feodor the Baneful → Life Transfer
- 28 (30) Balasi the Arcane → Energy Surge
- 28 (30) Kratos the Foul → Thunderclap
- 28 (30) The Inquisitor → Thunderclap
- 28 (30) Balt Duskstrider → Signet of Judgment
- 28 (30) Ceru Gloomrunner → Spiteful Spirit
- 28 (30) Digo Murkstalker → Illusionary Weaponry
- Shining Blade Scout Ryder
- "When I got caught, a Mursaat called The Inquisitor interrogated me. He just took my thoughts from my head."
- "I...I...He found out we were heading to Thunderhead Keep to help the Dwarves. Please catch him!"
- "So you finally figured it out, eh? Now you've come to extract vengeance?"
- "I should have killed you in the Maguuma Jungle."
- "I'm going to enjoy killing you almost as much as I enjoyed watching Saidra die."
- Seer: Yes, yes. You are the Ascended ones the dragon Glint has spoken of. Come in. Come in. I have been expecting you.
- <Party leader>: Who are you?
- Seer: I have traveled far and waited many long years to help you fulfill the Flameseeker Prophecies. What matters is that I am here to help you.
- <Party leader>: We're listening.
- Seer: By now you have realized that the Mursaat cannot be defeated with the tools you now posses.
- <Party leader>: Yes. Go on.
- Seer: For centuries my kind has fought the Mursaat. I know the rituals that can give you at least some protection from their agonizing touch.
- <Party leader>: And you will perform these rituals for us?
- Seer: Yes.
- <Party leader>: But why? Why help us?
- Seer: Because if the prophecies are to be believed, you will do what my entire race could not. You are going to destroy the Mursaat.
- <Party leader>: What would you have us do?
- Seer: In a cave to the east lives a bestial creature made from malice and shade. This creature has a natural defense against the magics of the Mursaat. Bring me the spectral essence of this beast, and I will infuse its protections into your armor.
- Evennia: "May the deaths of all whom you betrayed weigh heavy on you in the afterlife. Death is too good for you, Markis. May your tortured soul never find peace."
- Brechnar Ironhammer: "Brother, the portcullis has been breached. The first and second regiments have fallen, and the Stone Summit has raised their flag over Thunderhead Keep. My king, the fortress is taken."
- King Jalis Ironhammer: "Sound the horn of retreat, Brechnar. We will cut our losses and regroup."
- Brechnar Ironhammer: "Get yourself to safety, brother. Deldrimor cannot afford to lose its capital and its king in the same day."
- King Jalis Ironhammer: "Guards, with me. We are leaving."
- Despite being mentioned in the mission objectives, it is not necessary to visit the Seer in order to finish the mission.
- Shining Blade Scout Ryder can die, preventing you from beginning the bonus.
- Henchmen are not infused at the beginning of mission and become infused only after delivering the Spectral Essence to the Seer.
- The popular "Infusion run" follows the red path on the map above to only trigger the Seer cinematic.
- Players wanting to capture Barrage from Markis need to kill him before finishing off the four Jade Armor guards or the mission will end.
- After completing this mission, your party will be taken to Thunderhead Keep.
- In the Guild Wars Prima Official Game Guide, this mission is called "Iron Mines of Molandune".